Sorry to revive this thread just as it seems to be drifting towards TTOL history. I'm still trying to decide what to do for our February charter. Basically our choices are:

One-way, starting in St. Lucia and spending the first night at a slip at the Capella Resort in Marigot Bay (where we would also spend the prior night ashore in one of their rooms). Leave early the next morning and try to make Bequia that day with a contingency stop in Cumberland Bay if it doesn't look like we will make Bequia. It would be a long sail on the first day of the charter and/or a possible stressful night sleeping with one eye open on the hook or ball in Cumberland.

Or, we could change to a round trip charter starting and finishing in Grenada. This wouldn't be too bad except that we will still want to get to Bequia so we would be spending the first few days of the charter heading north into the wind and swell rather than on a beam or broad reach. We would also have to backtrack to islands that we have already seen on our return to Grenada. However, we would save the $1200 one-way fee that the charter company charges to deliver the boat to St. Lucia and we would probably feel safer avoiding St. Lucia and St. Vincent. But we would miss out spending a couple days at the Capella Resort which we are looking forward to.

Any advice or opinions? I don't think changing our flights would be a big issue right now as long as we get on it pretty soon.

Also, a side questions about C&I. My understanding in that St. Vincent and most of the Grenadines are all under the same C&I authority. So, we will only have to do C&I once after leaving St. Lucia (or Grenada), until we get down to/ return to Carriacou. Is that correct?

Thanks,

Matt