Yes, and it's a shame what happened to the island, I loved going to the small local restaurants on the waterfront in Marigot, especially Enouchs. I'm not trying to knock SXM, it's just the last sentence of the above post doesn't seem to have a basis in reality.
I'm leaving for St. Lucia in 5 weeks, land based this time but will be sailing there in April with the last leg of the WARC, so certainly concerned about the up tick in crimes against tourist. The ARC+ has already left the Canaries and the ARC will soon be following. Will have to check noonsite for any additional reports of problems. I read in the St. Lucia news that the government has given police powers to the group that is responsible for the marine parks, so hopefully that will help.
For boats that are heading from Rodney Bay, the new location of the Moorings base, or Marigot Bay and can't make it all the way to Bequia in daylight; Cumberland Bay in St. Vincent has been good to us and one of our favorite stops. There are 5 beach bar/restaurants and a tourist center in the bay. The boat boys are more friendly than in Wallibalou and I haven't seen any reports of problems there in usual sailing sites. They know where their income comes from and they look out for their interests which is based totally on yachts stopping for the night. But of course, like anywhere else lock the boat, lock the dingy, motor and fuel tank.

Drink all day at home, your friends worry about you; do it on vacation and they say "what a good time you're having". Save your friends needless worry, travel more!