I agree with the intent of the OP. Unfortunately, as we all know, those kind of amenities would need to be built by the Copro and obviously nothing can be done by the CoPro until their whole current dispute is settled, insurance settlements are received, and a rebuild plan is implemented. Estimates of how long that may take are anyone's guess - my personal guess is on the far side of a longgggg time. I can't see how there would be much interest in building new beach-focused amenities unless insurance proceeds well exceed the lodging replacement costs. Once the Copro receives its insurance money, their first priority must be making the owners whole in replacing their units. It would be hard to imagine that there'd be leftover money for a decent Perch, along the lines of Bikini, Kakao, Kontiki, Waikiki, etc., let alone an upgraded restaurant replacement.

Meanwhile, the resort continues to miss a key market - those that come to Orient for the Club O beach, not for the Club O resort, as the OP points out. With the tourist following Club O has, its a shame that its beach-focused amenities aren't far above those of the beach bars to the north in terms of size and quality. Even in "the old days", day visitors still spent roughly $1000 per week between chairs, drinks and a lunch or two at The Perch, and a couple nights at Papagayo. Assume just $500, times 100 day trippers, times 52 weeks = $2.6 million annually in day tripper revenue. Not insignificant.

Strategic planning is all about defining your market, determining your customers' needs and wants, and addressing ways to satisfy those needs. I wish there were a strategic vision for us "Day Visitors" as a market, but realistically IMHO, we'll never amount to anything except icing on the cake, at best. (As a side thought, I wish Club O had a charge card system in place like cruise ships and other resorts do - it's not only cashless benefiting us nudies, but it'd also provide great marketing data - e.g., "where's your revenue coming from?") Awfully hard to define and address key markets when one doesn't even know the answer to that question.

My perspective regarding Perch Lite is that at least it is helping maintain a presence for nudity and somewhat protecting Club O's turf from other developers (further north) who would love to take the Club O beach over maybe using an "abandonment" legal strategy. Perch Lite is probably going to be the best that can happen for quite a while, and we need to patronize it.

Gotaluvit - great original post!

[Linked Image]