My wife and I are on the island right now and are staying at a condo in Pelican. We are literally waterfront, but there is no A/C except in the bedrooms. Maybe it's because it's September with a storm brewing but the heat and humidity is repressive, and we live in Florida on the west cost. Having said that we have spent 90% our time in the condo sans clothing. So on Tuesday we made our maiden voyage to the Club O beach to check out the experience. Naturally the wife was more apprehensive than I about the experience until she realized it's clothing OPTIONAL, not a nude beach. The people there can wear as much or as little as they desire. Once we got to the beach, we rented 2 chairs and an umbrella. I immediately wanted to explore the experience so I stripped down and went into the water. Bathing in the water without a swimsuit has such an amazingly different feeling than with a suit. My wife started on the chair in her swimsuit but quickly decided to go topless and came into the water. Once she realized the world didn't stop rotating and the people on the beach didn't do a group gasp she relaxed a bit. She went back to the chair and removed her bottom and we just let the sun and breeze dry us off. Much better than drying off the skin with a towel and sitting in a wet soggy piece of material waiting for it to dry. The people that we met there were so nice and they were veterans to the clothing optional and/or naked beach attitude. We enjoyed ourselves so much we will try to make it back either Thursday and/or Friday depending on the weather conditions from Isaac. I hope Club O is able to get over these hurdles and rebuild because we will definitely book a stay there. Also a shout out to BillandElaine for PMing me directions, they were excellent!

[Linked Image]