I wasn’t aware of all that extra history between the property owners association and the businesses so thank you for that.

And it could well have been that back in our early days we only came for typically ten days to two weeks and maybe we hit that beach on their occasional off days since Mullet was almost our daily ritual with only the rare day on a different beach.

John and I started visiting the island in 73 and in ‘83 we started bringing our girls and later their friends and eventually their fiancés. We honestly didn’t think they’d enjoy the Island that much during our earliest trips given the fact of no television and difficulty of familiar foods earlier on, and I have to admit to not remembering a lot about those missing years as I recall a lot of trips not by where we went or what we did, but by who was with us and when.

What I do recall is being very blessed to have discovered this wonderful place early on in our lives and having had all these years to explore it. It is so sad to see the way development of the last fifteen years has changed so much of what we knew early on, Gus and Chez Raymond being but one more example of the many changes we’ve seen. Hopefully, they’ll be back.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."