Snorkeller,

More than willing to concede I could be mistaken but I’m thinking these establishments came into being more likely in the mid to late 80’s at the earliest. We used to go there with our daughters and/or friends who vacationed with us, and sometimes just the two of us, through ‘86 or ‘87, and the thing we really liked about this beautiful stretch of beach was that it was mostly undiscovered and unpopulated. It wasn’t at all unusual for us to pack a small cooler since there were no services at all at the time. We’d toss our towels down in the sand and enjoy a quiet day there. And then we learned the reason we could never find a spot to park the last few times we tried to spend a day at Baie Rouge was because a small concession had opened and it had become a popular spot.

We always wondered early on why some entrepreneurial Island type hadn’t opened a small concession there earlier and how much money they might make if they were willing to make the extra effort of navigating what then was but a path down to the beach. And voila - along came Gus and Raymond and the services they provided. And the rest was history.........

Can’t help but wonder if there isn’t some connected Island person who would like to be in that spot and evicting the existing businesses was the first step in taking it over. Jaded, I know, but the way things often happen in this place we all love.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."