1979. Stayed in Anguilla(then it was truly unspoiled paradise) and took the ferry over to SXM and had my first ever taste of foie gras and have been hooked on French food and culture ever since. Been coming back and forwards but not every year apart from the last 6 years where we rent a villa 2-3 times a year in Terres Basses. Nearly brought a villa would you believe just before Irma which was held up by the sellers so fate took a part as it was badly damaged and offered to us at a knockdown price but decided not to purchase regardless. Call it Karma. Had owned a place in St. Thomas for 25 years but was lucky to sell 2 years ago. Been virtually all over the Caribbean and SXM ticks all the boxes now. Back in 9 days for three weeks with 4 days in Anguilla. I actually have lost 35lbs in 11 weeks so I can stuff my face for a few weeks, unfortunately, had my first real meal last night and stomach not used to it, so perhaps I will curtail my eating plans. Such a tough life!! Got to know the owners of L'Auberge, Le Cigale, Tropicana and so many other owners of stores, restaurants etc and the struggles they have been through and understand. Its almost like coming back to close family. Been through Wilma and Irma where we have also taken direct hits and has not been funny at all.