In 1987 we were trying to decide where to go on vacation.....we had been to Jamaica and the Bahamas, but wanted to go somewhere else. We were at our travel agents and she had many pamphlets of all the Caribbean islands, but we couldn't decide. She took all the pamphlets and fanned them out like you would a deck of cards, told me to close my eyes and pick one.....I picked St. Maarten. We flew Eastern Airlines [I think], stayed at the old Great Bay Hotel, rented a car the size of a shoe box...but man, you could park that car anywhere! Although we didn't use it much..we were a little apprehensive about exploring the island, we basically spent our time in and around Frontstreet. We had an amazing time and met so many wonderful people in our short 5 day trip that we knew we were definitely coming back next vacation.......and that we did! It's been 32 years since we first stepped off the plane......I remember thinking oh no when I saw the tiny airport, what have I gotten us into...LOL We've been back every year, sometimes twice a year and sometimes three times a year.....so have completely lost count. Been very happy Royal Islander owners since 1992 - we own 4 weeks. So many great memories that we couldn't even begin to count.