Have been reading TTOL SXM but have not logged in or written for some time,until I saw this post.

We first came in 1992 and stayed at the Flamboyant in Nettle Baie, as it was all inclusive. Came back 25 times after that until 2014. Stayed at Flamboyant several more times, plus Mullet Bay (when it was still standing), Mercure Simson, Anse Margot, Nettle Baie, Maho, Great Bay, Caravanserai . Some years we came twice.

We would often think about going somewhere else during those years, but would ultimately agree that SXM was the best.My husband liked that fact that he could rent a car from Leslie and easily get around the island. We both loved the beaches, especially Orient and Le String, where we usually hung out for days on each trip.Loved the food, loved the shopping, loved the interesting people we invariably met.

Sad to say, we won't be back again.My husband was diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease in 2016 and died last June. His kids and grand-kids wanted me to go and scatter his ashes on Orient Beach. Still thinking about that but know that the place won't ever feel the same.

Sorry to be such a downer but thanks for getting me to post again.