Can't speak to owner ship but have sailed on DYC boats twice (once on a sail course and once a charter) in Grenada. The first trip (ASA Sail Course) was on an older 44' monohull that was well past its prime with a number of issues. I think they had an arrangement with Nautilus sailing school and am sure they got the cheapest boat available so don't judge my opinion on DYC based off of that trip and experience. The second time (Charter) was on a brand new FP Saona 47. What a nice boat! Sailed really well even into the wind. Could tack it fairly easily (which was not my experience with the moorings 4000s!)

I like DYC now more than moorings because of the variety of cats. The service was more than adequate. They have Lagoons, FPs, Balis, etc. Moorings just has the Leopards and we wanted to try different boats.

We have just booked a DYC charter in May out of Tortola and selected a Bali 4.3. This will be our first time on a Bali and our first time with DYC in the BVIs. The Bali 4.3 looks more like a floating hotel, so have very little expectations on sailing abilities. Having said that they are made by Catana which make some real screamers so maybe pleasantly surprised. Also the extra spaces, lounging areas and open concept was more appealing that a smaller more traditional cat with less space and that could sail better. We will be sailing for 2-4 hours and then chilling the rest with drinks in hand so sailing qualities took a back seat. The location of the DYC base at Scrub island was also appealing as I have never been and it looks like a great place to start and end a charter!

I am not in the market for a charter yacht yet as My kids are still in High school and there is no way that I could take advantage of the 8 weeks of sailing.... but someday!