We do not do guaranteed revenue on cats at CYOA. But I would be happy to talk to you about Fountaine Pajot and the charter business. One of the things I ask anyone interested in a boat. What is your plan in five years when you get the boat back? Sell it? Keep it? Move aboard? What are your goals? How are you handling the remaining mortgage if there is one? There are a lot of reasons to buy a boat and a lot of reasons not to. I know that sounds like a Chinese fortune cookie. If the ultimate goal is to own the boat go cruising and reduce the cost of ownership then it may be a good fit. If you are looking for free boats then don't do it.

As for the "big guys" and trading weeks at other bases, it is a great benefit. Maybe the only real one they have to offer. Personalized, professional care on one of if not the most expensive items you will ever own is more important. The condition of your vessel post charter can make a huge difference in its value for resale. It also makes a huge difference if you plan to cruise or retire onboard.

If you want more information feel free to email me at jay@cyoacharters.com

Last edited by CaptainJay; 01/25/2020 01:50 PM.