We have sailed on quite a few different cats. We prefer Lagoons (and chose that for our personal purchase), but also like FP's (except for the split helm models). Our time in the Grenadines on an FP sold us on cat sailing and the desire to spent our early retirement years on a boat. We have friends (who own said cat) that are circumnavigating. A long time captain, he said the FP is the only boat he would take on this journey. We plan to join them in the future for a month in the Lau Islands and then Maldives, COVID permitting.

Bali - well, if you are looking for a floating hotel room and a full size fridge then that is the boat for you. Enough said IMHO.

DYC - if you spend any amount of time in the US Virgin Islands Cruisers group (Facebook) you will see what a bad wrap they have there. I witnessed poor behavior and skill display too many times in the USVI early this year by DYC boats to think they are screening charterers or providing any kind of decent briefings. We looked at a boat coming out of their fleet (Bahamas) for purchase once upon a time. Silly move, yes I know. It was in dubious shape.

Captain Jay is a great resource and CYOA is hands down the best op in the USVI. We might have considered placing a boat with them but they didn't want an owner's version at the time we inquired. I am spoiled and like the extra room when I am in the islands for 2-4 weeks at a time and definitely want it in a boat I intend to "live" aboard. Our boat is with TMM and we couldn't be more pleased.