Wow, it was a blast from the past to see this thread come back up. My original post was pre-Covid. We did end up going to the boat show and ended up really liking the Leopard 40 for both price, layout and for how she sails. We then found out that Moorings/Sunsail were discontinuing the Leopard 40 and had sold their last one so we were basically out of luck. Their replacement boat was a new (not even heard of at that time) Leopard 42 with a flybridge. Since the 42 was just in the beginning stages we knew it would be awhile before we would be able to get the boat and weren't even sure it was in the budget. We were pretty bummed. After the boat show we went to the USVI and looked at condos in St. Thomas and St. John. We quickly realized that we were not going to be able to afford something in St. John so narrowed places down in St. Thomas.

In March 2020, literally hours after my father had passed away from a long battle with COPD, I got an email from Moorings that they had a Leopard 40 become available in Martinique. They had been marketing it to their French clientele but couldn't sell it so were opening up the pool. I felt that it was a sign and we ended up buying the boat after some negotiations with Moorings. Then COVID hit and the boat has been rarely chartered and I still get paid each month. We were super glad we went with Moorings/Sunsail as to my knowledge they were only company who continued to pay their owners through COVID. After spending about 4 weeks sailing in the USVI this past year we are also super glad we didn't go with Dream Yachts. MIDiver, we saw everything you mentioned and more in that time!

We ended up also buying a condo in St. Thomas as, due to COVID, we sold our Denver condo because my husband now works from home and doesn't have to commute to Denver for work anymore. So, thanks everyone for the information!

Sue
s/v Ripple
Leopard 40

[Linked Image]