Manpot is exactly correct with my chartering story with Jeannius. We did very well at TMM partly because they are a great company, partly because I arranged quite a lot of charters myself and partly because I chose the right boat. A Privilege 435 was never a common charter boat so she was always very popular with charterers. Only time my revenue dipped was when a previous charterer went and bought his own identical boat and put it in charter with TMM. So Jeannius was then the older boat and naturally was chosen less often. I took up the slack though and organised more charters myself.

I only made one mistake... At the end of the time at TMM I had enough charter revenue in the bank I could probably have sold Jeannius and purchased a new 435 without having to put any extra cash in. I didn't do that but chose to spend the money paying off the loan, replacing stuff and upgrading. Should have bought the new boat because over the next 6 years I spent a lot more money replacing and fixing an old boat than I would have spent on a new boat.

It all worked out very well in the end as after a circumnavigation, I still sold for more than 2/3 rd of the original purchase price.

Revenue sharing worked for me, doesn't work for everyone as GeorgeC1 has shown.