Originally Posted by NoelHall
I was advised by a friend who lives on Roatan that effective this afternoon the island is on 'lockdown' and no one will be allowed entry on the island for the next two weeks (initially). He doesn't know of any current cases of COVID-19 on the island, this apparently is to stop the tourist traffic until the situation settles down. I suspect the decisions are fluid (good word) at this time, but thinking it might be an indicator for other tourist destinations?

Family and I were scheduled to fly to Roatan today for a week. Thankfully decided to heed the warnings from our Federal government and Cancel our trip. Sure glade we did.

Now I have to decided what to do about our May 2nd trip with DYC. Our last payment for the boat is due this week. I am concerned that an event like this could be catastrophic for the charter industry. Not sure is I deposit the remaining balance if there will be ability to get back if things are shut down for 8 - 12 weeks.

As of this point I completely expect our trip May 2nd to be postponed..... This event is the definition of force Majeure. Still may end up losing the deposit...

Getting real everyone stay safe and healthy.

Last edited by UncleLuff; 03/16/2020 12:43 PM.