Bran,

For what it’s worth, I managed to get trough to AA very early on after reading our flight to SXM via CLT had been cancelled and I, too, was told I would receive the infamous email notifying me of the cancellation.

It never came but I did get a notice of meal selections for our now cancelled flight to SXM so I checked my reservation again and read the SXM leg of our flight was cancelled but we were still scheduled to fly to Charlotte.

I called again and got through quickly and because THE AIRLINE CANCELLED MY FLIGHT, (and even though I did NOT get an email of cancellation), as opposed to me cancelling it, I did receive a full credit back to my cc almost immediately. The agent couldn’t have been more pleasant and it took ten minutes or less from start to finish.

And that would be unlike JB who will only put the money for the cancelled flight home from SXM into their travel bank. And this after they cancelled my original flight on 4/30 and moved me to an unacceptable flight on 5/2. duh duh

If I were you I would call AA back and explain the situation and they should be more than agreeable to offering you a full refund to your form of original payment. Or such was my personal experience with them.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."