About 7 or 8 years ago we were moored off Great dog at sunset getting ready for a night dive. Just as it’s almost completely dark a mono pulls in next to us with a couple on board. He waves to get my attention and asks if this is Marina Key and where is the restaurant as they have a 7 pm reservation! He said his chart plotter was inop. I swam over to his boat to show him on the chart where he needed to go. He showed me that the chart plotter would not power up by repeatedly punching the power button. I said push and hold it and amazingly it came right on! He still had no real idea of how to use it. I suggested he wait until we finished our dive and follow us over to Marina Key. He said he was fine now and left. He was not at Marina Key when we arrived later. No idea where he ended up!

At Sandy Isle one day a Moorings 51 power cat pulled up along side us in about 10 feet of water. They proceeded to drop about 12 feet of chain to anchor and jumped in the dinghy to head ashore. 30 minutes later the boat had dragged and the anchor was straight down as it drifted into deeper water. Looked for the crew but they were not on the beach. They were inland on the trail. Woke up a napping crew member who is very large and was not happy to have his nap interrupted. We jumped In our dinghy to retrieve the errant power cat which was now drifting freely a quarter of a mile away. We motored it’s back to Sandy Isle and as we were anchoring it the skipper showed up on the beach screaming his head off at us. Jumped in his dinghy and raced out still screaming at us. My large friend finished getting his anchor set and walked to the back as the skipper was tying off still yelling something about theft. My large friend calmly said, “Sir call me a thief one more time and you will be able to use the handicap facilities for the rest of your charter!”. To the skippers credit 20 minutes later he sent his wife over to our boat with a bottle of rum. I guess he was afraid to come himself!

I won’t tell the story about the WillyT and the married wives all off Toyota’s corporate yacht. It can’t be published without severe censorship!
G

Last edited by GeorgeC1; 06/12/2020 03:02 PM.