"...so there we were..." None of my stories are considered disastrous as I have so many from Tonga, to Bora Bora to the Grenadines to St. Martin/Saint Maarten, I don't where to begin... Let's start with one of our early bare boat charters out of, I think, CYS as this was in the early 70's... Aside from visiting Foxy's when there was a monkey in a cage and he was wearing a t-shirt with Paddle wheels of tongs (one I'll never forget), we were off of Tortola when the weather changed radically, i.e., high seas and major gusts. We radioed base and they told us to head to Peter Islands marina. Once inside, the guys jumped off the dock with bow and stern sheets in hand however the wind was so intense that they could not pull the boat to the dock without my getting on the helm and powering back and forth to help. This all took place during piercing rain and metal trash cans flying in the air. It took us a good 45-minutes to get set up. No sooner were we secure when a dock master came down to tell us that the last boat that tied up to the dock during a front like this, ended up ON the dock. So, in the ragging wind and rain, we loosened the bow and stern lines and put the dinghy between us and the dock. The only way off the boat after that was to go from the boat into the dinghy and then crawl onto the dock. Guess we needed those drinks after that as that is exactly what we did.

[Linked Image]