Originally Posted by Manpot
Love that video..I sailed my old Hobie 16 off Delray Beach Fla for a couple of years and broke a rudder and sailed home with one..replaced with an"unbreakable" one. Did you fix yours for the return? Hobies are a great way to get around..congrats. I did go from Trellis to Cooper and back..only flipped once!

Haha awesome! Sailing through Sir Francis Drake must've been an experience. And sailing the Hobie to Anegada definitely beat the cost of the $100 roundtrip ferry ride!

As for fixing it, well it turned into quite the experience. It is an old Hobie my buddy bought off Necker island, and someone over there 5200'd in the bolts that attached the rudder pintle to the hull. We were able to have someone from VG send replacement pintles over on the ferry to Anegada but then we couldn't get the bolts out! So what should've been an easy fix turned into a hunt around Anegada for the perfect bolt and tools.

With some local help and Caribbean ingenuity we were able to get a temporary fix put together.

Attached Files d76f6d55-1c05-4489-b052-99e795a85a65.JPG