Thanks Carol. And thanks for running this site, a great place for all to share information and favourite memories.

This is a "don't get me started" topic for me!

Just a few other random memories....

One of the first times I played golf at Mullett, with a couple of good buddies, and the course pro/Manager (who is a great guy, doing the very best he can with the $122 budget he is given to work with!). I hit my drive on the first hole, but had no idea where it went. Felt good in my hands, but my vision sucks, so I asked my playing mates where it went. Answer from the Pro was "in the rough, right in the middle of the fairway". OK, so ya gotta be a golfer to get this one.

Back in the day, when Lady C was one happening place, and a lot of fun, aided greatly by Brian (now owner of the SM Yacht Club), who was the hardest-working, friendliest and most efficient bartender ever on that island. We always got our drinks quickly from Brian, no matter how crazy the place was. Made even more amazing by the fact that Brian, at the time, appeared to be 12 years old. He is much older now......he looks 21 or so now.

No idea what the deal is now, but in the early days of the Isle de Sol mega-yacht marina, you had to pass through a guard gate, and tell them the purpose of your visit to get in there. A couple of my good island friends made a game of seeing how ludicrous an answer they could give, and still be let in. A couple of my favourites were "just dropping off a few cases of Anthrax", and "just going in to harvest fresh body organs". They were let in every time. Makes me very comfortable about the idea of keeping my mega yachet there, once I become a billionaire.

One new years eve, my daughters and I and a couple of island buddies went up to Orient to watch the fireworks show and ring in the New Year. There was some kind of special deal going on at Waikiki (I think?), for $150 or something like that, for your food and drinks for the night. One of our buddies was in there, but it was crazy packed, couldn't get a drink, yada-yada, so he told us to save our money. We did, and just hung at the little bar down by Bikini, which was open for the night. The fireworks were great, and were sent up by French firefighters from a raft anchored out in the bay. Very good idea, since there have been more than a couple of tragic outcomes involving fireworks in SXM over the years. Anyway, a great fireworks show. However, at 1:30 a.m. or so, we noticed a strange glow, getting bigger and brighter, out in the bay. It was the firefighters raft!, which eventually provided just about as bright a light display as the fireworks did, as it burned away to nothing. So much for safety!

And, on and on......

Greenfields