Dare I post these last two memories? Oh, what the heck.

Hopefully no one will be offended by my words or reactions and everyone will remember these were the thoughts and experiences of a somewhat sheltered female from a very small town in the early eighties and you need to remember I was fairly young and had led a somewhat sheltered life in the realm of worldly experiences on the occasion of both .

Cupecoy - we finally decided we were going to spend a day there, John, having swam over from Mullet with our girls the previous year, had been there already and assured his hesitant wife it would be an experience.

Well, it was, for sure!

We parked and started down what was only a path to the beach back then and as we got to the last boulder before stepping onto the sand, I encountered the largest hairy and bare backside I’d ever seen. It, the behind that is, was bending over trying to step back into his street clothes. I was so shocked I did a full u-turn on the rock-like step and actually crashed into John in my anxiousness to leave. No way he could convince me to give it another go. So much for Cupecoy.

Orient Beach - our second visit, the premier visit being in 1973 or ‘74 - what an incredible time to be there and see OB in all its glory, but the first visit with others in a timeframe when it was being rapidly developed. I’m thinking ‘85, we were on island with my Sister and BIL who really wanted to see and experience Orient in all its splendor. We got there and were showing them the where and how of Orient. We were sitting on the brink of a good sized sand cliff chatting and I was having a cigarette. Yes - I smoked back in the day…….

We could see a guy jogging down the beach dressed in the altogether but he was at least wearing a baseball cap. Don’t you know, he stopped in the sand directly below and in front of us, took off his cap and pulled out his cigarettes but had apparently lost his matches along the way. So don’t you know, he climbed up the sand cliff and asks me for a light.

I guess I need not say what part of his anatomy was waving at me. I was mortified and to this day my BIL loves to remind me of my naïveté back then. To that point in my life, nudity was not part of my public being and he loved the reaction he used to get from me when he brought it up.

I’ve come a long way since then……🤭🤭

Dare I post these memories?

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."