A few other recollections - most of them things that made me chuckle, versus destinations/experiences per se.

First, as I noticed that Neil R. popped into this thread for a moment, the 101 occasions I spent hanging with interesting folks at the ORIGINAL Sunset, as created and operated by Neil, and way before it turned into Coney Island. A very cool place then. I don't go near it now.

Now, a few things that made me chuckle, and/or shake my head.....

My first experience as a customer at Scotia Bank in P'burg. 2nd in line, lots of staff, and it took me well over an hour to complete one simple transaction. And this after being introduced to the Head Teller by the Branch Manager. One-and-done for me with in-person banking in SXM.

On a similar note, the series of little signs along Sucker Garden, coming out of P'Burb, that sequentially asked simple questions: "Tired of Standing in Line?"; "Are you Tired of Wasting Time?", "Does it Take Hours to Pay Your Bills?" etc., etc. These signs always got my attention. The only problem was that there was never a sign with the answer of what to do about it! Just questions, I guess.

The sign on the gate on the path going to Cliffhangers that read " No Rightaway".

The septic pumping trucks signed with the slogan "We Pump What Our Competition Talks"

The speed bump at the start of the paved section on the "road" from Tamarind/ Dawn Beach Estates to Oyster Pond. The speed bump was placed immediately after 500 yards or so of "road" that looked like it had hosted a major tank battle.

The convenience store in P'Burg branded and signed "24/7", with a small sign just under it stating "Closed Wednesdays".

The little shop on Back Street that sold only two things....electric guitars, and electric fans. I always thought this was brilliant, as, as far as I know, nobody had ever before thought of this highly targeted business concept. It may well now be franchised around the globe. I don't know.

The time after Lenny when they finally got around to turning Sucker Garden Road back into an actual road. There was a crew working on the twisty/turny section of the road going up the hill, with only a very slim single "lane" to pass through. They dutifully had two flagmen on the road, one at about where the Rainbow is, the other at the top of the hill where the carwash is now. The only problem was that these two guys could not see each other, so they each waved cars through at the same time. I got through just before the predicable total gridlock developed.

And, many, many other examples. If I lived there, all of this would drive me nuts, but as a visitor, it just adds to the special island character.

Cheers

Greenfields