Very interesting. I had a negative experience on Saba recently as well, but somewhat different. We were on a mooring ball in front of BEYC on Wed Mar 2. Decided to dinghy over to Saba for afternoon cocktails. Was greeted warmly at their dinghy dock. Decided to go to the outdoor lounge upstairs, which is spectacular. They had a sign outlining their drink specials at the top of the stairs right next to the bar. Decided to take them up on their offer and ordered two. Went to sit at one of the empty tables (they were ALL empty as it seems we were the only ones there at the time). Wait staff brought our drinks a few minutes later. That was the ONLY interaction we had with them over the next 40 minutes. No one came to inquire how our drinks were, nor to ask if we wanted more (since we finished first drinks with 12-15 minutes). We were hungry, but no one came to offer us any kind of a menu for bar snacks. It wasn't like the staff was busy. There must have been 8 staff in total (some wait staff, some bar staff). They all seemed happy be together and laughing it up : providing service thou, not so much. No one seemed the least bit interested in our business. When we finally decided to leave and I went to the bar to pay (since no one came by the table to ask us if we wanted the bill or perhaps more drinks), I was told that the staff member with access to the till wasn't available right at that moment because they were having a "staff huddle". When I said "so let me get this straight - I want to pay you and leave, but I can't because there is only one person with access to the till and she is unavailable right now"? It was then they bar staff kinda wandered off to get the key for the till. It was terrible service. I'll not go back. The service at BEYC that night for dinner was superb however!