Marche is our go-to place, and it, too, is often quite busy. Not cheap, but food is good and setting is great.

Here was our experience at Scrub about a month ago. Our young niece was visiting so we cleaned ourselves up to head there for lunch. As Ratman tied up our boat, Lizzy and I headed to the outdoor restaurant. We have eaten there umpteen times since it opened, including this year.

It had been arranged with two round tables of six, one occupied, with tables of two around the outside. Otherwise the restaurant was empty. It was the middle of lunchtime and we requested a table for three. Our favorite server wasn't working. Two women left, went to an adjacent area and brought back another table for two, which they proceeded to add to the table in the rear corner with pool noise and no view.

I asked the somewhat unfriendly woman who seemed to be in charge if we could sit by the railing for the view. Hard no. I asked if we could sit at the second round table. It's reserved (no sign indicated that).

I had heard enough and told her we would go elsewhere. So back to the boat and a lovely lunch at Marche, who were happy to get our $150!