I am glad we were not alone in our experience. To read reviews on TA you would think the place is 5*. We all thought our food was way below average-mine bordering on inedible and we had a similiar experience at the upstairs bar. I waited a painfully long time for one drink while the bartenders seemed to be more interested in chatting each other up. More people need to write honest reviews! They need to know feedback or they won't ever care to change.

On the flip side I will just share briefly our wonderful experience at BEYC. We were on VG right after they had their silent opening. I tried calling for reservations for lunch but couldn't get through. So we decided to just take the ferry anyway. No place had been crowded so we figured we would be fine. It ended up being packed and they were turning people away for dining.

They only had two women servers on because everyone seemed to be getting COVID this past December.
So we went to the marina and asked if the shuttle could take us to Saba for lunch (this was before our dreaded dinner there). They tried and tried but the Saba ferry wasn't running and nobody would come take us over. We were starving. After much back and forth about ferries and coming back another time, the manager overheard (the marina staff couldn't have been nicer) and told us to wait a minute and she would take care of us. After about 5 minutes she came back and told us to follow her and "go along with her". She then shuttled us into the restaurant telling the servers we were VIP's. She knew the women were overhwhelmed and for the rest of the time we were eating she stepped in and took orders and helped them serve food. I was incredibly impressed by all the staff and especially her. We hadn't asked for special treatment, weren't complaining and totally understood the situation. She took it upon herself to make sure we were accommodated. In the end, this is what will separate BEYC from other places like Saba.