Hi, I have been a BVI charter cat owner and charterer since 1998. I prefer renting over owning. I have chartered with: Dream Yachts; TMM; Moorings; SunSail; CatCo; and BVI Yacht Charters.
No doubt Moorings has it down to an art. Always an excellent experience. I have had negative experiences at one of the companies which I won't name. It wasn't Dream Yachts.
As far as Dream Yachts- I am a repeat customer. Have chartered with them about10 times since 2014.
When Irma hit in 2017, we were scheduled down to BVis. Dream Yachts switched us to Martinique at no charge.
I would say the Hodges Creek Marina is a big step down from Moorings. Scrub Island, on the other hand, is really nice. We also chartered (twice during covid) out of the USVI marina on the eastern side of St Thomas. That operation was the least user friendly, but there was a good grocer in walking distance.
We had a breakdown near Christmas Cove USVI during charter October 2020. The tech folks were there within three hours to change an impeller.
As a renter, I have had good experiences with DYC. Boats are decent or better; customer service is the same. It is not a top- drawer experience like Moorings, but it gets the job done. I find the pricing to be usually 10-20% lower for DYC than Moorings.
Hope tis helps.
JAM
Annapolis, Md