I've chartered previously with DYC at four different locations, and they all went fairly smooth. Others report they have had poor experiences with this company. My impression was the DYC staff (or lack thereof) seems to be rather transient or inexperienced, although everyone gave their best attempt at being helpful. My experience with DYC at Scrub was just okay, it wasn't bad, nor wonderful. Our crew stayed two days at Scrub before boarding our boat, which was fantastic. Yes, it is very close to the airport, and yes, provisioning is a bit of a hassle. In addition, the previous poster is correct there are rumors they are moving their location from Scrub, but these seem to be only rumors. I haven't seen anything official. Bottomline, would I book with DYC again. I suppose 'perhaps', depending on the location, my due diligence, and other options available at the time. There are many good charter companies in BVI, and all boats have issues from time-to-time, as well as the charter companies themselves. I've found what works best for me is being very proactive when approaching my charter date, hoping to avoid any unpleasant unexpected surprises upon arrival. These things have a tendency to not go exactly as planned, no matter who the charter company might be. That said, being flexible and knowing options for 'plan B' ahead of time has always made our charters enjoyable. Just my two cents, nothing more.

Noel Hall
"It is humbling indeed, to discover my own opinion is only correct less than 50% of the time."

www.noelhall.com