warren460 said:
We went to Peter last year on December 31st to see what New Years was like. The dock master was friendly, the facility nice, but the surge in the marina was terrible. It was bad enough to make you stay away. Digicel works poorly at their dock. Dinner at $285pp + 18% gratuity was too expensive and we ate on the boat.

We went back to Peter island in May. We wanted to try their famous Saturday night buffet. There was no dock master on duty. He did not show up to work. Lots of wasted time calling on the vhf. We finally chose our own slip. No power at the dock as it was off for maintenance. The marina is under construction and the showers are pathetic. The buffet was fabulous. I will only go back if I have guests that wish to.

We just got back from staying at Peter Island for 10 days, and were surprised to see so many boats on the dock and in Sprat Bay for several days while there. In previous trips, there were rarely more than a couple boats in that area as most seemed to anchor in Deadmans Bay.

We enjoy seeing the boats come and go while at Scrub and at Peter Island. As land based folks who like boating, it doesn't bother us at all unless there is a ruckus of some sort. Land based visitors can cause a ruckus too smile In our 1 visit to Scrub and many visits to Peter, we haven't had the situation where boaters "take over" the beach or the pool area, but I have heard of it happening when lots of boats come over from Puerto Rico.

Several nights there were 100+ ft Motor Yachts on the dock. They ran their generators all day and night, so it was a slight annoyance as we could hear it from our room, but I was able to tune it out for sleeping. They are still doing construction at the marina, so perhaps dock power was shut off. One night, there was a party with live music on a big Motor Yacht, so we enjoyed the music.

Regarding the price of the Peter Island Sat evening buffet, (or any dinner for that matter) its definitely not $285pp + 18% gratuity. The food is very expensive, but not that high! It was $89pp plus 18% gratuity. Drinks are on top of that, so if you had bottles of expensive wine or champagne, it would still take a bit to rack up $289/pp. (Perhaps a typo?)