jboothe said:
StormJib said:
There is nothing easier than the BVI.

Do you mean overall or do you mean the sailing only? Since chartering in the BVI for two years I would like to find a different place to explore simply for a change of pace and because travelling to the BVI seems like such a hassle. I would have to think that travel to the Bahamas, St. Martin, etc would have to be easier. As far as sailing, it doesn't seem that Marsh Harbor/Abaco would be very difficult at all. But I have not sailed there...yet.

You can move from one end of the BVI to the other in less than a day and less than 25 miles. Many hops are closer to 5 miles. There is a massive BVI charter fleet and huge support system for those boats and very inexperience crews coupled with a few who know what they are doing in unprotected waters. Before you venture outside of the BVI make sure you note the weather range for your travel dates and the support system coupled with the standard of care for the rental fleets. We have done the Bahamas twice on charter boat. I do not think we will go back on a rental boat. We will visit the french islands, Grenadines, and BVI again. Does the crew want to sit, sail, or chase beach bars? We have found St. Martin, St. Barts, and Antigua not worth the trouble of dragging a boat with us.