It's terrible what has happened in Dominica. 4 dead due to mudslides and 20 more reportedly missing. I can't believe how much rain they got and pray we don't suffer the same fate.

We had a relatively calm and mostly sunny day. Some high winds now and then, the odd shower with pretty light rain ... and a power outage that lasted about 2 hours up in Romney Park.

The major part of the storm looks as though it may (fingers crossed) pass south of us, but we seem to be getting the outer bands now.

The cloud cover is moving quickly and I can still see St. John from my place, so that's a good thing. I hope the Electricity Corporation manages to keep the power on as long as possible.

Not much happening out in the west end and the roads are mainly deserted. Once again, nobody in my area has boarded up. I went to get some ice for the cooler as soon as the power went out and there were at least a dozen people at Big Ben's Suprette stocking up on storm supplies.

The Ani birds and the turtle doves that are always around my place have taken cover. They were still flying until about an hour and a half ago.

Winds are gusting to about 4o/45 mph up at my place. One minute there's no wind at all, the next you get a good blow lasting no longer than about 30 seconds.

I guess everyone has hunkered down more or less for the evening. I'll let you know when/if things change as long as we have power. My knee is still holding up. No pain yet.