I don't think I described it as overly negative. I said there were some negatives but through out I mentioned things that were good. We did have a great time. Our dingy accident was the only nightmare part as you describe. I said it was windy but overall good weather. I mentioned the great bartender at Willy T but said the guy at Soggy is sort of a jerk. He was last time too! I said Hendos, Gertrudes and One Love were all great. My only real complaint were the boat issues but heck it got us from point A to B in relative safety and reliability so ultimately that's what matters. I will probably book with Moorings again next time but I'll definitely put some consideration towards other charter companies. I also defended Moorings in a sense. I know I and others had problems but I don't think it's the norm with them. I really think they are just overwhelmed right now or at least due to Christmas in July crowds. Some staff were apathetic but most were very polite and friendly. I will add that we did encounter a lot of locals (almost exclusively on Jost and Anegada) that were exceptionally welcoming and made a point to thank us for visiting. I thanked them back for having us. I did what I could in the aftermath of the storms with donations. I was super impressed with the progress that I saw. I expected the bars and hotels to be in good shape but thought I'd see a lot more devastation on the level of private homes. It was sad to see people on Jost still in tents. Made me feel guilty complaining about no AC on our boat! This was my 7th trip to the BVI so I've gotten to know many people there. I truly feel for them and if my trip report in any way sounded like a warning not to go I apologize. I was hoping from a visitor stand point that it would be like it was in the 80's but things were booming. It was more crowded than I think I've ever seen it. At least in the low season. I tried to spread my money around to as many businesses possible. Ate out a lot more than planned. So, yes, it was a great trip and I wish I were back right now!

[Linked Image]