Originally Posted by windward2c
Thanks for trip report - I am curious what the winds were generally. I have chartered prob close to 20 times now and every single trip is very different for any number of reasons (boat, guests, logistics, etc) but the single biggest factor is always the weather. I have had no wind for a week, steady 25kts plus for a week, huge N swells, days of rain ,etc but generally being the tropics it is pretty consistent so we all get frustrated when it differs. Would love to input your personal weather experience into your report so we can all better understand the perspective.

I only caught one weather report towards the end of the week that said 25knts gusting to over 30. It seemed like steady 20+ the whole week with a couple of days being worse. I'd say 4-6ft waves in Drakes on the worse days. All the sailboats I saw had sails with one or two reefs in them. Had I been on a monohull it wouldn't have been much of an issue. I get a little sketchy on power boats and the 433 just doesn't seem so big to me any more. I didn't have any wind gauge to give you more accurate info. Rained almost daily but only very brief showers and mostly a quick downpour in the middle of the night. That sucked for us trying to sleep with no AC but we managed. It was overcast with some sun all week.

[Linked Image]