Okay now I feel the need to defend myself. You are all right about my writing style and not using paragraphs!! I laughed at this after realizing it and give my apologies. As some have stated, don't read it if you are seeing double! When we left for the trip, we closed our coffee shop of 12 years for good. Got up at 3am for our flight the next morning. A week of fun in the sun and long travel day back, had to get up a again to basically rip out equipment and fixtures from my store before it's torn down. So I'm a little exhausted.

When I write trip reports they are just that. REPORTS not sugar coated reviews or promotions. If I didn't love the BVI, this would not have been my 7th trip. I did have a great time. My crew said it was bucket list. I think it's better to inform people of the bad things so they can learn or avoid them. I did mention positives too. Just didn't make it twice as long talking about how much fun it was floating off the back of the boat on rafts. Here ya go! Tip: buy a couple of cheap dollar store rafts at the end of summer to bring down.

I stated clearly that I don't think my experience with Moorings this time was typical. I know they were working very hard. I think it had a lot to do with Christmas in July rush and stuff happens. My first charter with them two years ago was flawless hence the bigger shock with the experience this time.

The boat fuel issue? Well I don't know the answer. I kept engines at 2600 rpm 90% of the time. Few times I pushed it. Boat seemed much slower than last time on a 433 that was newer. Not sure if engines were running efficiently and the tanks could have been delivered not full. The fuel gages did not work so I couldn't tell you. That did add some stress as well. We did run the generator every night for things like microwave, coffee, grill, charging stuff and sometimes we could get one side AC to work. The AC worked the first night and that was it for the week, except for random working of one side. The breaker would just flip after a few seconds. Bad breaker switch.

Corsair's is closed for a month as of 7/29.

Our decision to dingy over to White Bay is ultimately my fault. I made a bad call based on encouragement to do it from the Mooring's service guys. I figured they knew better than me. I will be more diligent in the future for sure.

Every comment I made that is perceived to be negative has been mentioned on this board many times by other posters. I often read White Bay and in particular Soggy and One Love aren't what they used to be. I actually defended One Love. Had a great time there this trip. Some of the locals I talked to, spoke extremely badly of the BVI government's handling of the storm response and the treatment of the Willy T. I did not prompt them to do so. Just happen to agree with them.

It's very gray and rainy here in Pittsburgh this morning. Sorry to all of you that would like me to say it's sunny and I hear the ice cream truck coming!

[Linked Image]