Just returned from our Moorings 433pc charter July 20-29. We all had a great time and the trip was a big success but there were some negatives. First thing I noticed is everything from ferry, taxis to govt fees and bar tabs seemed a little more expensive this time. Arriving to RT on the ferry the customs line was horrific! Stood in the hot customs building forever! They really need to get their act together. Even some locals were saying it was never like that. Not the way to welcome tourist back! Then the Moorings taxi who I did not order for my charter had my name on his list so I felt obligated to have him drive us. We got on and taxi and then waited an hour for him to pick up more passengers that never showed. This put us at the marina very late. Customer service said I needed to do the chart briefing since the storms. I said I've done it in the past and wasn't happy about having to do it in the morning. Provisions thru Moorings were missing, boat was not ready and much older than the category I paid for. Had our boat briefing at 7:30am then chart briefing at 8:30 am. Both were rushed and the chart briefing was an absolute waste of time. I asked about missing markers at Anegada and other places and the briefer was totally unaware. But he did suggest places for good conch fritters. Pissed! Waited for propane that wasn't on board and our dingy to be delivered. Got a late start making my sleep aboard pointless. First stop, Willy T. Fun as usual but not quite the same. Female bartender, don't remember her name, was awesome. So sweet and friendly! It was Christmas in July and I won't do that again! The PR crowd seemed to have a great time and they were fun and friendly, just too many people for what I like. My friend and I went back to the Willy T later that night for a second time and that was a big mistake. Rest of our crew stayed on the boat. Soon as we got on the T there were 3 very drunk college kids that kept trying over and over to steal our dingy. Shoving match until the bartender and other patrons finally got them to leave. Fighting on a metal boat is not good. Someone hits their head and it becomes life changing. I won't go back at night again. Not worth the hassle. Very windy the whole week. Never seemed to let up. Brief showers mostly at night. Disappointed we couldn't see stars at night but overall the weather was good. Day 2 picked up another crew member at the Beef Is. airport in Trellis. Trellis was depressing. Left for Leverick as soon as her plane landed. Dinner at the marina then sleep. Rented a safari truck and went to Baths (crowded), Hog Heaven (awesome!) and Savannah Bay. Got a drone right before the trip but too panicked to fly it in the heavy wind as I didn't have time to practice before the trip. Love to hear advice on flying those from the boat! So two nights at Leverick then Day 4 headed to Anegada. My first boat trip there so I was nervous. Weather looked stormy. We followed two other boats over and I ended up trusting my own navigation. They seemed way off course. All week I saw boats doing things that didn't seem right. Yes, including sail boaters! I know how some of you like to bash the power cat crowd but twice I know I was in the right and got dirty looks from sail boaters. Just sayin. Anegada was great! Potters for lobster was perfect. Cow Wreck was the best. Skipped Flash of Beauty and Loblolly due to murky rough water, seaweed, people and bad snorkel conditions. No fish caught while trolling. Picked up seaweed that almost burned out my reel! Did catch and release lots of fish caught while moored in all the overnight stops. Much better luck than previous trips. Day 5 passage from Anegada to Great Harbor, Jost was long! Weather a little rough and rainy but not bad. Would not want to be out there in a power cat if it got bad. Day 5 and 6 spent at Great Harbor. After the first night, didn't get over to White Bay until 10am after waiting in line to fill water tanks. It was packed in White Bay. Not even room to anchor so we went back to Great Harbor. Decided to dingy over as suggested by the Mooring's maintenance guys. My wife kept saying no but we attempted. BIG MISTAKE! Got to the rocky point and water was coming over the stern. Immediately made the decision to go back but we shifted some weight forward and the bow dug into a wave. Washed us all over. In an instant we were all under water and one of our guys was hit in the leg by the motor. Very bad hematoma bruise and small cut but luckily the prop was not spinning. We made it back to the boat slowly with a completely filled dingy. Stopped two others full of people with small kids headed out. Will never do that again. Wife had a panic attack back on the boat. Taxied over to White Bay. Probably done with Soggy Dollar. Just not the same to me anymore. The bar tender is rude, thinks he's funny but not and the painkillers are better at other places. Hendos, Gurtrudes were great and surprisingly One Love was good this time. Left Jost for our final night. Planned on Cooper but super windy and big swell so back to Peter and the Willy T. Turned boat in by 9am and the marina was BUSY! Had the dock guy come on to do the final docking. Way too windy, busy and big 58 footer blocking the dock entrance for me to risk it. Ferry back to STT where we spent the night at Emerald Beach Resort. Lost one of our reservations and were full so 6 of us piled into one room for the night. Caught a guy outside our room laying on the ground trying to peep under doors! The ferry ride from RT to CA was rough! Native Son boat, thought a few times we were going to roll over. Over all it was a great trip. We handled the boat very well. Had LOTS of issues with Moorings. Last charter everything was perfect. This time, had the service guys on the boat almost every day. No AC, dingy lift broke, late start, no working radio, no working underwater lights, boat much older than category I paid for, no propane, missing provisions, no TV (not a big deal but I bought a $40 cable in the airport). 4 hour guarantee was a joke. Told me it doesn't apply to AC issues but it was the generator panel breaker that was bad not the AC. Never fixed it. Most of the time never answer the phone! Last trip our fuel bill was $173 this time $590!!! Everyone I spoke to was having boat problems, some delayed 2 days from heading out! Moorings in their defense is just having a hard time getting back up to speed from the storms. I'm sure they will get there but it was chaos this time. They did offer some compensation and I will share that in a private message if anyone is interested. I'd like to hear what other's got as well to determine if it was fair before I consider pursuing the matter any further.

[Linked Image]