Originally Posted by tpcook
I just had a short conversation with my medical insurance company AARP Medicare Advantage Focus (HMO-POS) Indian River County Florida In the policy it states that there is a $0 copay for emergency care worldwide as well as Urgently Needed Services $0 copay worldwide,

So as I see it any covid event in the BVI would be covered by my policy and thus I do not need to buy a covid policy since I already have coverage.

I will ask my insurance company to provide me with a letter stating the above.

Emergency medical care and medical evacuation specifically for sickness from COVID-19? I know some trip insurance policies like Allianz have very specific details on their COVID-19 coverage, whether you are affected prior to or during your trip. I would want definite confirmation my health insurance actually covered sickness SPECIFIC TO COVID-19 while out of my home country, during a global pandemic...If they do that is great!

Last edited by crmoores; 11/02/2020 11:49 AM.

"Travel changes you. As you move through this life and this world you change things slightly, you leave marks behind, however small. And in return, life — and travel — leaves marks on you.”
-Anthony Bourdain