From my experience, medical evac insurance is inexpensive. Our family has three things when we travel outside the US no matter where we travel. The third item is the only item I believe you would need to meet their requirement. You can contact my-geos.com for more information.

1st - We carry a Garmin Delorme (link below). These things are amazing. You only need one per family. You can text globally any where in the world via satellite communication. It has a slide button (DEFCON 4) that if you slide that switch and hit the button, the Calvery comes for you. There are amazing stories on their website. I carry one with me when ever I travel outside the US. There are 5 countries they won't come and get you - North Korea, Iran, etc.. You can see on their website. They will come and get you on the North Pole. You can turn the subscription on and off per month - I think their lowest service is $14.95 per month or $19.95 per month.
https://discover.garmin.com/en-US/inreach/personal/

2nd - Through their website, we purchase EVAC insurance. $19.95 per year per person (roughly). This covers from the EVAC location to the nearest hospital. To me that is cheap. See https://my-geos.com/

3rd - Through GEOS (my-geos.com), we carry evacuation flight insurance from a hospital / location to a hospital within 50 miles of our personal residence. We pay approximately $149.95 per person per year. If you get in a car accident or other life threatening illness in China, Germany, USVI, BVI, Canada, etc.. They are airlifting your out via a medavac JET.

I think you could use that insurance - that if you get COVID and it is life threatening - they will EVAC you out. I would contact GEOS - they may have a specific COVID insurance. They have been great to work with..

As a scenario - we have multiple Delorme devices when we fish remotely in Canada. Each boat has their own delorme, we can text globally, and if my Father was to have a heart attack, we slide the switch, push the button, Calvery comes. Then they take him to Winnepeg (nearest hospital), then he has the option to be a private jet medical EVAC to Minneapolis. All this for $19.95 + $149.95 (check the prices) per year per person. I travel many parts of the world and most places you want to get back to the US. I almost lost a friend to bad water - a month in the hospital in 3rd world. He had know insurance.. The last time I was in the USVI - I was told they had one cardiologist for all the islands. I am not sure that information was accurate, but getting back to the US is key when things are going south. Just my $0.00002.