I'm in a similar position - I'd like to go but just don't trust that the BVI government will be ready for even the smallest trickle of tourist arrivals. And when the system fails it won't be government officials who suffer, but any tourists unlucky enough to get stuck between impossible requirements and sullen officials. Although they have stated that the official website software has already been used elsewhere, the fact that not even that is up and running yet is typical. I can just imagine a scenario where the site won't get finished in time and any arrivals will get turned back because they didn't register on the site 2 days before flying! I am going to let the system start functioning before flying out, and although I hope to enjoy some empty anchorages once I get freed of quarantine requirements I think I'll relocate the boat to an island nation which appreciates visitors somewhat more.

BTW, the protocols for boat owners don't seem to have been released yet. At least I can get nobody to give me any answers - be it the official government agencies involved or marinas/hotels such as Nanny Cay. Silence or "we don't know yet" on all fronts - and this 10 days before the nominal re-opening!

I would have thought that the flight fares would reflect the scarce demand, but United Airlines best price is over $4000 for economy from Europe and a 36 hour travel time. Air France/KLM via St. Martin is at 16 hours travel time and $800 round trip. That's without the SXM-EIS flight portion.

[Linked Image]