We spent a few lazy days at Norman Island with somewhat unsettled weather. Had lunch at Pirate's, which did not seem as good as earlier this year. I'm not sure if I just had a dish I didn't like quite as much, or if there is a different chef, or if the kind of effort that was made when there were only a few boats in the whole area isn't there now that things are picking up.

We didn't eat at the Willy T this time because they were out of Wahoo.

Hiked some of the trails on Norman for the first time since before Irma. Not much sign of impending development when you head East, didn't go in the other direction yet. There are cell towers on the ridge towards water point that I don't remember. The island is still really beautiful.

We needed to re-provision and take care of a few things, so we planned to go back to the Moorings base for one night. The things to take care of included going to the boat yard with "my" surveyor and checking out our damaged boat and the work in progress. I won't go into all the details, but all of this is obviously not the most fun part of being a boat owner. I'm not losing sight of the fact that in another program we would not be out on the water at all.

After spending the morning dealing with boat issues, we got off the dock at noon and motored up to Diamond Reef by Marina Cay and snorkeled off one of the buoys there. There are three, but two of them are so close together that it doesn't seem possible that they could be concurrently used by boats of any significant size. I thought the reef was in pretty good shape (had not seen since before Irma), but my wife didn't enjoy that much due to combination of middling viz, jellies, seaweed and sadly some trash in the water.

From there we had a beautiful if short sail on a beam reach across to Cooper where we had secured a BB (boo hiss). Weather has turned really fine and the evening atmosphere in the mooring field was absolutely stunning. This is definitely one of my favorite places to paddleboard. We're looking to set up some diving, but hoping for a bit better visibility.

M4000 "Lio Kai"