All the margarita shrimp recipes I’ve found online use basically the same ingredients and don’t sound anything like what you get at Baywatch.

I've made them several times and found in order to get enough sauce to coat and for dipping garlic toast, I had to add too much hot sauce for the right consistency. Because it was so hot I tried adding fish stock and chicken stock on two occasions which helped a little but that changed the consistency of the sauce.

I marinating the shrimp in tequila and lime juice with garlic before cooking them, and also did it without marinating them and noticed little difference in the final result.

I dust the shrimp with flour and sauté them in a hot pan with olive oil, butter with garlic. Put in fresh lime juice to deglaze pan, and then added tequila. Once it reduced slightly and I burned some of the alcohol off, I added Louisiana hot sauce and some more butter to finish the sauce. Way too hot, nothing like Andy's. I find Louisiana hot sauce to have less heat than Frank’s.