SammyM 57
pat 55
bailau 54
Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
quartopiano, todoc, waterlover
Who's Online Now
47 registered members (SXMbeacher, kbd, Alec Atteberry, RebeccaTN, Timeless38, George1234, NCSailor, Uksimonusa, jacksinsxm, eightzerobits, CanR, sail445, JohnB, sugarae, SANFILIP, TimS, SandS, cvo, ggffrr11, JasonHelmbrecht, dlparch, KenNDeb, extreme, filet2u, ChiTownHarry, warren460, RonDon, sxmpete, bigbobthib, jenniboston, bran, jar867, OceanSong, ligot, IWIWSE, duckfat, Tom, 10 invisible), 427 guests, and 426 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
St. Maarten - St. Martin
21 minutes ago
Agree.
3 99 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
25 minutes ago
No glasses sorry
15 786 Read More
British Virgin Islands
33 minutes ago
Peg legs pre Irma
1 159 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
42 minutes ago
The J.N. robbery was Saturday according to the article, hopefully there was not another one last night. Not what the Maho area or the island in general needs.
3 99 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
47 minutes ago
Drove through Maho last night at 9:30 pm and there were 3 police cars in the road across from the Sonesta. There is the Radison Jewelry store in the shops below La Terrasse Royal Islander. Could not see much while driving but will see what today brings in the news.
3 99 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by cvo
While on sxm currently, I feel that my social security number was stolen. Any suggestion as to what I can do?

I would first contact the Social Security Administration. SSA CONTACT

Just curious as to what makes you feel the number was stolen?
1 106 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
While on sxm currently, I feel that my social security number was stolen. Any suggestion as to what I can do?
1 106 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
3 99 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by Todd
It is referred to as a C/O beach because it is tolerated, allowed, welcomed, etc. Has been for more years than most of us have gone to the island, let it go, let it be.

By tourists but local residents and traditional Dutch-side customs would not appreciate it.
21 2,838 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
7 hours ago
Thanks for the very nice and detailed report. I admire your easy-going attitude toward your misfortunes and am surprised at your reaction to Anguilla. I love day trips there and usually go to Madeariman; same owner as L'Astrolabe in Orient Village. Thanks again for the nice details!
13 961 Read More
British Virgin Islands
9 hours ago
Originally Posted by jphart
George,
Which bow cleats? Difficult to see from your photo.
I’m only familiar w Moorings sail cats, but have seen some use the cleats on the bar between the hulls. duh
Isn’t it preferable to utilize the cleats affixed to each hull?

And of course, I concur the use of two lines to avoid chaffing of a single line.

Originally Posted by jphart
George,
Which bow cleats? Difficult to see from your photo.
I’m only familiar w Moorings sail cats, but have seen some use the cleats on the bar between the hulls. duh
Isn’t it preferable to utilize the cleats affixed to each hull?

And of course, I concur the use of two lines to avoid chaffing of a single line.

Our Moorings cat had lines too short to tie from the hulls. We had to use the forward cleats (despite the warning stickers saying not to.)
9 833 Read More
British Virgin Islands
9 hours ago
Originally Posted by bjack0013
Last Saturday we took the 8am ferry from Tortola to Red Hook then a taxi to arrive at STT around 10:30am. We had no line whatsoever to check bags, clear customs and go through security.

Our captain told us to take the 8am ferry because lines at STT get really bad from noon-5pm. While it sucked docking the cat a little earlier, the logistics were a breeze on our return home.

We did the same. 8 am ferry to Red Hook, customs at Red Hook, cab to STT. No wait at airport, other than waiting for United desk to open.
11 779 Read More
British Virgin Islands
9 hours ago
Trellis Bay isn’t worth it. Full Moon Party is just bars and music— you can find that anywhere in BVI and there’s not much else at Trellis. This may be an unpopular opinion but we felt like we wasted a day of our itinerary on the Trellis FMP.
7 350 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
10 hours ago
IMO its become a total jungle. From the road that is next to impossible and dangerous to get down on a busy day to the over crowding of the chairs and music way to loud. The night time crowd has really become a bunch of undesirables. We went there in Jan and left after an hour. The quickest way to go out of business to me is to not listening to your customers the lack of safe parking without hassle getting there has become to much to even bother going. Cant even image why they would want to add to that parking mess and over crowding by building more.
20 932 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
10 hours ago
We were fans of this place from its earliest days but the Last time we went we were turned off by the closeness of the chair set-ups coupled with the volume level of the music. This was a few years ago and hopefully it’s gotten better but if not, oh well..........
20 932 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
11 hours ago
We tend to get to the beach early so I also have not had parking issues, and for no particular reason we did not go to Karakter last year.
20 932 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
11 hours ago
It is referred to as a C/O beach because it is tolerated, allowed, welcomed, etc. Has been for more years than most of us have gone to the island, let it go, let it be.
21 2,838 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
11 hours ago
Originally Posted by Todd
Nobody goes there anymore because it is too crowded.

Sorry, Todd, I still go there on weekdays and don't experience parking issues.
20 932 Read More
British Virgin Islands
11 hours ago
Which BVI restaurant deserves the slogan " If you think our service is bad..wait til you taste our food!" We know the ones we love ..lets have some fun with the ones that we dont think so much of..all in good fun. We'll be working on a "gift" for the best answer..And " All of them" wont work!
1 159 Read More
British Virgin Islands
11 hours ago
I second staying at the Moorings Base and food/drinks at Charlie's. The food is expensive but very good.
7 350 Read More
Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises
12 hours ago
Our first time experience was at the former Desert Shadows, (now Desert Sun Resort) in Palm Springs, CA.

I purposely chose an upscale type of resort for our first time, as many of the locations nearer to us were more rustic, and I knew my wife wouldn't love that part of it. I also chose Desert Shadows because of their nude requirement around the pool. I didn't want my wife to feel out of place sitting there among other women that chose not to disrobe at all, or among a bunch of men whom were nude and some women that chose not to be fully nude. My rationale was that we would be all in this together, nobody would be different in terms of clothing. She wouldn't have to feel like others around her were being more modest than she was.

It went very well. Almost 20 yrs. later and Desert Sun is still our most favorite resort, and we've tried 5 or 6 others. Some had a CO rule, and we find ourselves more comfortable with everyone nude at least around the pool. For other activities and meals, dressing is fine with us. We don't hate CO, we just prefer nude.

To be clear, Desert Sun is CO anywhere on the resort, but complete nudity is required in the pool, in the jacuzzi and on the pool decks.

You might look into trying somewhere that has other types of accommodation in the immediate area should the experience not be to your liking. It would be no fun to pay the rates for a nude resort and determine that you want nothing to do with it but have no other options to move to, especially in another country.
13 1,252 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
12 hours ago
Great trip report but slightly ruined by your only 4 hour stay on Anguilla from basically eating and drinking at one place(Hanks, not normally recommended)and walking the beach. You missed so much but then again, so little time and obviously soured by the ferry trips not being on time.
Oh well, but glad you enjoyed your week and thx for being so detailed and informative.
13 961 Read More
British Virgin Islands
12 hours ago
In my view, the biggest problem with the MIT crowed arises if you are trying to take a ferry at the same time as them.

If you think that may be the case, get to the ferry extra early. A reserved seat is merely a suggestion.
9 569 Read More
Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises
12 hours ago
Wow! $450-$490 December 16 - April 15.
8 2,283 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
12 hours ago
First, Thank you for an informative and entertaining trip report.
Second, Biblically speaking, you and your wife have been nominated for the "Job&wife of the year" award.
To experience what you endured and describe it as your "best vacation" tells me that past travel may have included light hearted romps through Mexican and Turkish prisons.
I envy your patience and cool headed attitude toward disappointments generated by people who should know and do better. One of the reasons that fewer of us spend time on the French side, even before Irma, is the attitude by some towards Americans, some admittedly valid, but unfortunately felt by some that do not deserve the "Ugly" title.
You have also reinforced our decision to sell our SXM timeshares, which we did in January that opened up lots of options for our annual 2-3 week vacation. Likely we will be back to SXM but without some of the time and location restrictions we had to adhere to in the past.
To prevent being labeled negative, I should mention that my son and daughter completely enjoyed the Tijon classes that they attended both this year and last.
"Life is what you make it" comes to mind and you certainly live that adage.
13 961 Read More
Page 1 of 125 1 2 3 124 125