Member Spotlight
jazzgal
jazzgal
Portland, OR
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
marksxm, Mrcroz, Sandandsun
Who's Online Now
28 registered members (nouth, Allison731, Lynneddog, dlparch, RogerAndBeth, SammyM, warren460, Ontheboat, SXMScubaman, bailau, jenniboston, deputydog1157, BreckSailor, RatmansWife, JimRuos, dfmsml, SandS, Schwendy, GW248, kbd, pedalpusher, 7 invisible), 86 guests, and 462 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
St. Maarten - St. Martin
6 minutes ago
Originally Posted by nouth
DD style = shirt, no pants

You got it. Mainly because a shirt protects me from the sun, it catches sweat, and I can take a selfie as long as it’s from the waist up. Those naughty fish just became reason #4!
24 1,392 Read More
British Virgin Islands
14 minutes ago
$1,700.00 total for 6 people???
29 1,284 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
16 minutes ago
DD style = shirt, no pants
24 1,392 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
24 minutes ago
Oceania replaced St. Maarten with Tortola, BVI? Why would they do that? For what they charge for their cruises they should never pull something like that unless it was an emergency of some type. That's what Carnival or MSC would do, but not a luxury cruise line like Oceania. Very surprised by that.
2 326 Read More
British Virgin Islands
25 minutes ago
Can you drop them at beef or cane garden bay so they can catch a taxi to the ferry?
2 20 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
30 minutes ago
Among our domestic airlines in the states I would rate Delta far ahead of United and American Airlines. They are excellent at sticking to their schedules and they actually seem to care about customer satisfaction. I have flown Delta from numerous hubs, and twice to SXM from ATL. Flights were on-time coming and going with no unexpected surprises. The other airlines I would consider would be Jet Blue and West Jet out of Canada. Those three would be at the top of my present list.
11 551 Read More
British Virgin Islands
33 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Deepcut
Originally Posted by bailau
Wes-

Random question for you...is Sea Tiger decked out with Clemson motif?

YES... My wife is a Clemson alum... also my son is recent grad. (I am not, but I am a Clemson fan). Happy Wife, Happy Life!

FB: Sea TigerBVI... Have a new video to post (Drone view)

Understand the happy wife happy life thing...unfortunately the wife isnt as fond of the islands trips but would love to do a safari which I am not a fan of...

Never taken any Tigers (yet) but did have Wahoo, Nittany Lion, Bulldog, Monarch, Pirates, as well as a couple of Gamecocks students on my May trip

Still need to see a game in Clemson...
40 1,495 Read More
British Virgin Islands
44 minutes ago
Just saw an article saying West End will have a temporary terminal open by August!
2 20 Read More
British Virgin Islands
52 minutes ago
This is my third bareboat charter and BY FAR the worst experience ever in planning. Two people on my 9 person Mooring's 514pc finally sent me their flight info. Annnnnndddd they booked the wrong return date a day early. They say they can't change the flight and have to be back early. Nice of them to check with me before deciding to make that decision all on their own. I think I will be in Jost that day so I'll have them catch a ferry from Jost to Tortola and make their way to ST. Thomas to stay over night to get their flight the next morning. If need be I can drop them at Soper's Hole. My question is what time is the ferry in the morning at Jost? Is there one around 10am and is the ferry picking up at West End now or is everything still leaving from Road Town? Just easier to ask here at the moment.
2 20 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
What is Donald duck style.
24 1,392 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Sunrise on my birthday will be so crazy I won’t even have time to drink. I’ll definitely try them the next morning, though!
5 626 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Not so sure of that. Girls have something to nip at too. Please excuse the expression.

Lol. I’ll most certainly be going Donald Duck style again so I think I’ll be safe.
24 1,392 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Not so sure of that. Girls have something to nip at too. Please excuse the expression.
24 1,392 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
I would start with Mimosas at sunrise and finish with champagne at at sunset. Have fun!
5 626 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
You have a website? Made my reservation! After 10+ years I would not do business with anyone else.
15 1,208 Read More
British Virgin Islands
2 hours ago
Beer is vastly different in price from TICO RTW & Caribbean Cellar , who ever holds the import licence for each one has the lowest prices by as much as $10 a case, same goes for Spirits and Wines.

But in the end why run about all the different places taking up a day to save $100 if that?
3 178 Read More
British Virgin Islands
3 hours ago
I have been on the plane with Gamecocks. They made a lot of noise and wanted out of the bag. In fact one guy was so proud of one he took it out of the bag and showed it to us.

Was that you?
40 1,495 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by harleybuffett
We rented a catamaran with captain from Owner Time ( sponsor of TTOL ) . The boat was spotless and well maintained. Jenny was amazing to work with and the price couldn't be beat! We will be using them again for our trip next year.

Something to mention here. I believe Jenny deals primarily with owners time from Dream Yachts. I am in the process of selling and purchasing a new charter boat. In dealing with Dream Yachts for a purchase I specifically inquired about selling owners time since it is a important revenue component to me. They stated they do not allow the sale of owners time and if they catch owners doing it they will cancel the charter. This may be a recent change to their charter contracts perhaps because of Jenny’s business and current boats may be allowed sale of time. I don’t know if it’s a change or owners are selling guest time against their contract. In any case I would want full assurances any week purchased is allowed under the owners contract.
G
6 535 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:31 PM
Agreed, Super U seems to have the best prices on island. We have bought most of our groceries there recently. But from the Dutch side, it is nice to not have to deal with Marigot traffic. And if you want US products......
14 849 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:08 PM
Thanks! Though I might miss the old life from time to time after my birthday....
5 626 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by biglar
And...it certainly hurts when they bite the wrong body part. Few years ago I got too close to someone feeding bread and one of the fish drew blood. Scared the crap out of me as well as being very painful. I get out of the water when I see someone with bread.

And this is why I’m relieved to be a girl!

That said, my boyfriend agreed to go nude this time, and I would be somewhat amused if....😁
24 1,392 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
Cool...we see that boat all the time down there and although not a grad of Clemson am still a fan which is tempered somewhat because my son is a Gamecock...:)

We have taken Gamecocks with us... Sometimes we bring them back;-)

(South Carolina University Gamecocks are in state rivalry of Clemson University Tigers).
40 1,495 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 10:58 PM
Wes-

Random question for you...is Sea Tiger decked out with Clemson motif?

YES... My wife is a Clemson alum... also my son is recent grad. (I am not, but I am a Clemson fan). Happy Wife, Happy Life!

FB: Sea TigerBVI... Have a new video to post (Drone view)
40 1,495 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by fromaway3774
Originally Posted by JasonHelmbrecht
Originally Posted by sail445
How about if they did the same with all the supermarkets you visit and you had to get up at 7:00am to purchase a parking reservation and then you decide to visit another market where you don’t have a reservation.

That's a very good point I had never considered and it makes total sense now. I think if I had to pay $30 to park my $1m car in Tortola but I had the option to pick my spot for $10 extra, I'd make a reservation. If was driving around in a super expensive car that I also lived and cooked in but couldn't afford the extra $10, I would probably start growing my own vegetables. Thanks.

This has to be my favorite response on this topic so far.

If you are comfortable and happy with FCFS, then what's the beef? Oh yes, it reduces the overall pool of FCFS. Well then, it appears that most FCFS'ers are quite comfortable with anchoring, and also happy with the fact that anchoring is free. So what's the beef? Oh yes, some peeps might just want an alternative and perhaps the opportunity to stay on the water longer. Not cool, say the FCFS'ers! Oh, but what about the folks that will put vessels and passengers at harm in order to not lose out on that reservation fee? Feh - people have done stupid things before BoatyBall and will continue to do stupid things afterwards. BoatyBall doesn't encourage stupid anymore than it will fix it.

I remain a proponent of it and hope to use it in our upcoming Spring 2020 trip.

At the second to last paragraph you mention people people have done stupid things before and will continue to do stupid things afterward... Would you like to elaborate on it?
40 1,495 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:37 PM
We also have started using Super U alot for their prices. But will go back to check the new one in Cole Bay.
14 849 Read More
Page 1 of 96 1 2 3 95 96