Member Spotlight
xrayman67
xrayman67
Panama City Beach, Florida
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
Moonchaser, wsbrockers
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (stevel13, Mikel, jazzgal), 342 guests, and 94 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
St. Maarten - St. Martin
21 minutes ago
We left, or attempted to leave yesterday. The check-in process is more modernized. We went to an AA kiosk, printed our luggage tags and boarding passes and walked to the AA luggage drop off counter. There are some new self service luggage drops but at the moment they are only being used by Spirit and Delta.

You then scan your boarding pass to get through to go upstairs to security. Under 75, shoes off, everything out of the pockets and all your stuff in bins, lap tops also out. They used a body scanner yesterday. The last step is to go to passport control where you scan your passport and look at a camera, glasses off, no hats, etc. You are then done.

As for timing, I did not check but even with the luggage we were at the gate around 1:00 after arriving sometime shortly after 12:00 so definitely less than an hour on a Friday.

As for why we didn't leave and AA 2478 is still sitting on the tarmac, that it another story to be continued later. Bottom line, trying again at 10:00 this morning.
1 53 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
WestJet used to be a great airline under the old ownership but now it’s just as bad if not worse than the rest of them.
2 333 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
5 hours ago
Funny thing. I can’t quite say our last experience equaled your but I can say it was not up to our expectations based on previous dinners there. I will say our setting and view were lovely and the service was good but the food just wasn’t up to our previous experiences. I also felt it was somewhat over priced but not beyond the realm of expectations. I do agree that anyone can have a bad night and it was ironic that we thoroughly enjoyed the company and I would probably give it another try and hope for a better experience. 🙂🙂
1 62 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
6 hours ago
Decided to give it a try yesterday. We have been there last time probably 5 years ago, when they still were in Porto Cupecoy Marina. We did like it back then.
This time our experience was very different. The waiter was pretty ignorant bugger, especially after we didn’t order water or bottle of wine(there were 4 of us and we didn’t feel like drinking that night). I ordered a glass and wife did the same. Than The specials of the evening… There was a confusion between what the waiter told us and what his helper/waitress told us… one of them didn’t know exactly what it was…
Those were minor things…
The food…. Greatly over rated! Onion soup was just warm, with some clumps in it that were cold to the tongue… It felt like it was reheated in a microwave…
The daily special tuna with cheese …. Meh, tuna itself was good but the combination didn’t impress me… not my cup of tea.
Wife’s soup was good. Her main coarse was pretty bad. The Shepard pie was very bland, no salt or any spice at all. The rest of the meat was just ok, didn’t really wowed her like we expected. The other couple had a very similar experience with their food. We were very disappointed. Place is highly over rated.
1 62 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
6 hours ago
Question for those who just left the island in the last few days- how was the line ups to go thru customs and security? How much time do we need this year? Last few years we had no check in luggage and arrived 1,5 hours before the departure time and that was enough.
Somebody told us that they have a new system at the airport. Please share the info! Thanks!
1 53 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 10:50 PM
I can't make it but I'll ask what is probably a stupid question: How does it work?
1 128 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by MIDiver
To funny Bailau. I would gladly share - with you. You remain the only Power catter I would willingly moor next to 😎

I am honored my friend LOL...I am going out on Sunday on a sailcat so not completely to the Dark Side...hope all is well and look forward to seeing you and Mr MIDiver someday soon
11 593 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 10:29 PM
They deliver to the boat. It is so nice having a first night meal delivered - including beverages smile. They also have excellent juices and lemonade btw.
11 593 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 10:07 PM
This sounds amazing! Thank you for sharing the recommendation! Editing to ask... do they deliver to the boat? Or do you go pick it up?
11 593 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 09:41 PM
To funny Bailau. I would gladly share - with you. You remain the only Power catter I would willingly moor next to 😎
11 593 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:29 PM
Thanks guys. You are too kind. Husband has a flare for and is a scenic and astro photography hobbiest but these were just taken with his cell phone and unedited... that is all Sweet Mother Nature's doing. It is just that beautiful here and evenfall is magic, especially here.
5 610 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:15 PM
Five days or 14 days I would not be on Island without a car. There is MUCH more to do than eat and the freedom of being able to just go for a ride around the Island should not be eliminated. LaPlaya is a great location for just wandering around and lots to experience but that can be in addition to checking out other areas,
6 304 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by MIDiver
I email them directly. naturallytasty@hotmail.com Owners are Ayana and Philip. They will work with you on options depending on your interests. Last trip we ordered:
Sautéed shrimp with coconut curry sauce and coconut rice
Sweet crunch salad (the dressing is wonderful)
BBQ chicken (full chickens in quarters)
Mac and cheese (amazing - we freeze several containers)
Breakfast sandwiches on their biscuits (fresh and individually packed to heat in oven)
Pepperoni pizza (ask for cooked pizzas freezer wrapping) - medium fits well in the freezer and is great for lunch or dinner where you want little effort. They will also do uncooked and wrapped for freezing
Quiche (cooked, can be frozen)
Coconut chocolate chip cookies and brownies (wow)
Premixed gallon of Hurricanes - they will do a variety of drinks

The food is really good and the service amazing. They are located across from the ferry dock in Roadtown and have great breakfasts and a grab and go counter BTW. Tell them Melanie referred you.

Let me know when you go down again as I want to go and just have your table scraps...LOL
11 593 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by nw1999
We are looking in to at least getting us all masks of our own. Thank you for the idea!

perfect...you wont regret it. all lessons learned the hard way
34 1,700 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 08:56 PM

That is great NW - you won’t regret it (snorkels too, you don’t want what other people have put in their mouth 😳).
34 1,700 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 08:27 PM
We are looking in to at least getting us all masks of our own. Thank you for the idea!
34 1,700 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 08:26 PM
Thanks for sharing. Those are beautiful pictures!
5 610 Read More
Southern Caribbean
Yesterday at 07:43 PM
Looking for laid back OCEANFRONT accommodations that won’t break the bank.
0 32 Read More
Southern Caribbean
Yesterday at 07:41 PM
We’ve been thinking about Bonaire or Curaçao for our next snorkel vacay. Where do you stay? I love waking up with a coffee and staring at the ocean. Other amenities come second!
Nice pics BTW!
3 1,573 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by barata
For snorkeling - Peter Island, also a quiet place relatively easy to snag a ball compared to Cooper. Carvel Bay, around the corner from and south of Manchioneel Bay on Cooper has some good snorkeling and very picturesque. A nurse shark swam below me there. If you can get a ball at Manchioneel Bay there are dinghy balls at Carvel.

Should be Hallovers Bay, not Carvel Bay on Cooper. Sorry!
34 1,700 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 06:31 PM
Boy, is my hubby lucky! I don't wear much jewelry. And if the shoe is one the other foot and I have to ease his "pain" I just let him order some food that's on his NO list.
5 661 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 06:25 PM
PS... wondering what the average time share maintenance fee might be. If it's $1000. divide that by one week, add foods cooked in unit in place of eating out, not renting a car or taking taxies then maybe that figure would be close.
17 987 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 06:18 PM
When I read the link I thought it referred to what stay overs spend on "stuff" vs what cruise people spend. . Perhaps food, souvenirs etc. But i for one spend more than $149. on some dinners.

Every year we've been approached ( at the airport) to fill out the survey about our stay.
17 987 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 06:15 PM
Excellent! I must learn how to post pictures.
5 610 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 06:15 PM
Story here.
1 210 Read More
Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 68 69