Member Spotlight
Rock_Toy
Rock_Toy
San Francisco
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
mgladysz
Who's Online Now
37 registered members (GregB, Thistle, botnot, Jerry_R, Krbnsol, ggffrr11, BrentCummings, ScurvyD, SXMScubaman, VGerfo, RobT, Sunflower, pedalpusher, hfxslr, deliveryskipper, Docmont, FlamingoPete, capecodfishman, AnneQ, pl3, Kennys, KirkB, SXMWNC, Tom, Christo, ChiTownHarry, RonDon, suzshe, 9 invisible), 152 guests, and 395 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
St. Maarten - St. Martin
8 minutes ago
As I mentioned, the work is going on 24 hours. Still I don’t think they will meet the deadline for the opening by the end of February. It looks like only half is completed. Even the lobby is still far from finished.
But again, what do I know? Like somebody mention above, what can’t be done by 3000 workers?
8 402 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
12 minutes ago
Actually the royal palms MFs were higher than flamingos in years past.
16 548 Read More
Afloat
15 minutes ago
That is like saying I visit cities in the world but never leave the hotel. They all look alike. If all you do is get off the boat, go into town, visit Diamonds International, then all the islands look alike. If your friends went to the BVIs and did not go to the Baths then they really missed a unique beach experience.

Some islands have good beaches, others have good snorkeling, and others have historical things to see. Excursions from the boat are good. Trips from the locals just out of the pier are usually cheaper and fun. There is only one port (and maybe only one city) that I know of where you can get a private city tour in a 1959 convertible. And that does not cover river cruises that take you to exotic places that are nearly impossible to get to on land,
5 50 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
36 minutes ago
Yet I think their AMF was the same as Flamingo? AND their AMF is by far the highest on SXM..
16 548 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
38 minutes ago
RonDon--grin
8 402 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
58 minutes ago
I agree with Carol and GeorgiaKay. If I was to buy time share my choice would be LaVista. We actually came very close once.
19 1,066 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
[quote=Carol_Hill]I could be wrong, often am, ...../quote]

Carol you thought you were wrong once and you were right. (Joke)
8 402 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
We never saw the lot closing. We stayed til 530+ several days after perch ceased ops and all umbrellas taken and it was still open.
7 540 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Welcome! Club Orient Resort is closed but you would not know it when you go to the beach in front of the resort. The Perch lite is offering great beach food and There are chaise lounges and umbrellas filling the front row all the way down the beach. If you don't turn around you would not know the resort is closed. The bathroom is OK and the parking on property does close with a chain when the Perch Lite closes. If your car is still parked they will find you on the beach before they lock the gate. Enjoy the new Club Orient BeAch!
7 540 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by NeilRooney
Not unusual!

pirate handshake cheers
28 1,005 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Not sure what qualifies as not a heck of a lot. But Royal Palm 'owners' had to pay last year also.

That's because they didn't have enough in the reserves to cover the insurance deductible. Each resort is managed separately with its own reserve fund and MF's.
16 548 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
Not sure what qualifies as not a heck of a lot. But Royal Palm 'owners' had to pay last year also.
16 548 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
And VROMI agreed and shut them down. It''s VROMI's job to police these things, not Nature Foundation. which obviously they don't do.
28 1,005 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
For something that has been going on for a year how could the Nature Foundation just discovered this as reported.
"Last week we were alerted that there was possible illegal construction happening at the area of Simpson Bay Beach popularly known as Kim Sha at the location of the construction site of Roxxy Beach Bar", says the St Maarten Nature Foundation
Key word is "possible" illegal construction.
28 1,005 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by the captain
I feel like I ran across a thread a few weeks back about the "best " beaches that we recommended too one another but I can't seem to find it.

By best , I recall specifically that someone was using CALMEST waves and waters as their benchmark for best beach(perhaps it was Pat or Carol?)

looking for the beaches with the calmest waves (La Galion is out) Thanks! Or at least what thread was it? I've gone as far back as Jan 1 and cant find the thread..

Is it possibly this one? that was one of yours? lol wink
http://www.traveltalkonline.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/182540/1.html
6 208 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
Our Nature Foundation does not publish fake news.
28 1,005 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
I actually don't recall the thread you are talking about and a really quick search didn't really reveal anything. Since you say LeGallion is out, I assume you want a beach with services, as LeGallion always has the most reliable calm seas. I haven't been there in a long time, but Anse Marcel probably fits the bill, although it is NOT a cheap day to go to Anse Marcel Beach Club. Pinel involves a ferry, and I personally usually don't want to have to mess with that. Grand Case Beach is normally pretty calm. Not sure how many options are available there now, but definitely Rainbow and Grand Case Beach Club. Friars Bay is usually pretty calm, and you have Friars Bay Beach Café and Kali's, (if it's still called that). I like FBBC a lot, but they don't take credit cards, if that's a consideration. Mullet CAN be calm as a lake or thundering 10 feet waves, depending on the day. Regardless, it's all good!! Enjoy!
6 208 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
I hope so. We met several employees who are living on island and invited us to stop by when open.
28 1,005 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
Consistently calm seas and beaches ar on Pinel Island. Very short 5 min ferry ride.
6 208 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
Hello captain ... SXM has something like 34 or 36 beaches and I would say I've been to maybe half of them. But, this is a really hard question to answer because conditions can change from one-day-to-another on island beaches such as these. But, on average the beaches that always seemed to generate stronger waves on a more consistent basis were Orient, Dawn, Mullet, Cupecoy, Maho, and I suppose Simpson Bay (but, I have seen Simpson calm from time-to-time). The calmer beaches with less wave action other than Le Galion definitely were Great Bay Beach and Little Bay Beach near Philipsburg. Anse Marcel, Grand Case, Happy Bay and Friar's Bay on French St. Martin are probably somewhere in between. These are just my experiences.

Here's a website that might help. You can at least read the brief write-ups about each beach: stmartinisland.org. This website comes up if you do a Google search for "the beaches of St. Martin." One nice thing about St. Martin is that if you have a rental car and conditions at one beach are not ideal, just hop back in and the next beach is just 10 minutes away!
6 208 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
The scaffolding along the front of the building was removed in 3 hours-amazing what 300 workers can accomplish. We watched the process from 3 Amigos and were impressed by the yellow helmet guys.
8 402 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
5 hours ago
Thats not it but thank you. It was from 2-3 Sundays ago.
6 208 Read More
British Virgin Islands
5 hours ago
They are not open. I don't know there plans.
1 128 Read More
British Virgin Islands
5 hours ago
The problem with a second dinghy is it can’t be hoisted. Most cats now have decent hoist systems and dinghies don’t seem to have as robust tow lines and attachment points. The tow lines lately also are not long enough. I would stick with one and make a second trip.
10 737 Read More
Afloat
5 hours ago
Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Thanks for the report. We've never taken a cruise on anything over about 3,500 pax. I know the entertainment would be good, but it seems like you kind of lose touch with the sea. Going on a cruise should be about the ocean to me...

A friend of mine and his wife take at least two cruises each year. After one to the USVI/BVI's I asked him what they did at each stop. He replied "Nothing. We stayed on the ship because all the islands look the same"!!!
5 50 Read More
Page 1 of 131 1 2 3 130 131