Member Spotlight
GettinBye
GettinBye
North Shore, MA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
cvo, FrogtownRoadCat3
Who's Online Now
15 registered members (kajunlady61, Zanshin, John, PnPinNC, sunmantwo, Wingman, George1234, kaba, RacerRon, 6 invisible), 80 guests, and 61 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
British Virgin Islands
10 hours ago
Considering the size and prominent location, I thought the architect did an excellent job in blending the structure into the hilltop. A dream property.
4 140 Read More
British Virgin Islands
10 hours ago
Lifestyles of the exceedingly rich and famous. $39.5M. Wow.
4 140 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by tradewinds
That video makes me vomit.

oh... thanks
4 140 Read More
Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises
Yesterday at 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by Liliana
Thanks for the options. Hope they take cards to avoid hauling cash without a pocket! 😄
Liliana

Where you gonna put your cards joy
28 10,741 Read More
Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises
Yesterday at 10:24 PM
Bump for current conditions.
3 1,742 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 09:45 PM
That video makes me vomit.
4 140 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:42 PM
We used Mobile Passport for years and it worked very well, although finding the line was always a challenge. It was taken over by MPC run by Homeland Security. It works the same as the original Mobile Passport. It only facilitates entry and doesn’t provide TSA Precheck. Global Entry speeds entry and as an added benefit provides Precheck. We sped through Immigration in CTL on our last trip with GE. The facial recognition took less than 30 seconds. We are still big fans of Mobile Passport, now MPC.
10 341 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:31 PM
"A bottle of rum, cigars and cheap souvenirs" - memorize it and say the same thing every time. You never know when you're going to get a new/overzealous customs agent and it sounds a lot more honest than being unprepared or saying "nothing".

Our friends buy waaaaay too much jewelry every year and they declared it once not knowing any better. After wasting a bunch of time and scrambling to find $39 or whatever like the OP (they would only take cash) one of the agents whispered to them saying not to make a declaration like that ever again.
10 931 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 06:14 PM
Hey everyone. I have posted this in a few other places so you might have already seen it, but in case you haven't I wanted to also share here.

Enes Yilmazer (a YouTube content creator who visited Oil Nut Bay this past summer) and his team officially released their video featuring the Lionheart Estate on Enes' YouTube Channel on Monday afternoon.

They created an amazing video which does a truly incredible job featuring both Lionheart and Oil Nut Bay as a whole (over 400,000 views already!)

If you're curious about what goes on at Oil Nut Bay or if you just want to watch a great video, I encourage you to check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIpZbyMtbxg&t=1255s
4 140 Read More
SXM People Talk
Yesterday at 05:31 PM
And let's hope that this is the last one for a long while, and we can stop watching Weather Channel most of the day. .
21 394 Read More
United States & Canada
Yesterday at 05:28 PM
Hurricane Ian's eyewall passed directly over the Dry Tortugas yesterday evening with 120mph winds, making it the first unofficial Florida landfall. Irma damaged some of the moat wall back in 2017, and that storm was about 100 miles to the east.

Wishing everyone affected by the storm the best.
0 37 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by The_Lurker
Originally Posted by JoAnnW
We use Mobile Passport and go through a separate line with Global Entry.

That's separate lines for TSA security right? Is there a difference between Mobile Passport and Global Entry lines for customs?

Mobile Passport changed, when I tried to use it, to MPC.
That is for entry into USA. Hopefully the line to it will be clear, since it use to be with GE.

Airside says it is for TSA., but I don't know. .

Thanks.
When I went to download MPC the Airside app right below it says it redirects to MPC now which matches what I've read. Im just going to use the MPC app and find out. Yes, I hope the line is well marked and clear. We will see!
10 341 Read More
SXM People Talk
Yesterday at 05:00 PM
Somehow a traffic cam is still working… There are cars being swept away.
Stay safe!
https://twitter.com/birdingpeepwx/status/1575159647660654592
21 394 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 04:51 PM

That's separate lines for TSA security right? Is there a difference between Mobile Passport and Global Entry lines for customs?

Mobile Passport changed, when I tried to use it, to MPC.
That is for entry into USA. Hopefully the line to it will be clear, since it use to be with GE.

Airside says it is for TSA., but I don't know. .
10 341 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 04:40 PM
although we have GE, we’ve actually used Mobile Passport more the last couple of years
10 341 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 04:37 PM
I have two liquor cabinets, one for the everyday stuff and one lockable cabinet that's for my collection of bourbons, scotches and ports. The regular one usually gets cleaned out whenever our (adult) kids and their friends come for ski or beach weekends.
23 2,137 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 04:26 PM
I'd wager there is a DouDou in ours. Funny how you bring back several bottles, save for the right occasions and the forget about it. I will have to make sure before our trip so we can restock if necessary.

Our cabinet is a vintage backing hutch that was my mothers.
23 2,137 Read More
SXM People Talk
Yesterday at 04:20 PM
Biturbo--Yes, tornadoes can be a big issue, separate from the hurricane winds. Hopefully only a cat 1 by the time it gets here, but the eye is scheduled to go within 20 miles of here. Really hoping we have no damage, but figure we will probably lose power.
21 394 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 04:06 PM
An article I stumbled upon about Global Entry, dated September 4, 2022, said this:

"This week, DHS disclosed that due to a COVID-incurred backlog and a surplus of new applications, the agency is experiencing delays in processing applications by up to 18 months. It’s important to note that such delays are just processing new applications, not including the in-person interview."

I guess I will put looking into GE on the back burner for this year's trip, use Mobile Passport and make sure I'm paying attention going through customs to spot any advantages for next time.
10 341 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by lcote
Global Entry?

Google says these are the differences:

Global Entry - Pre-screened, costs $100/5yr and involves in person interview and background check.

Mobile Passport - Not pre-screened, FREE, allows you to bi-pass the declarations kiosks and go directly to border agent screening.

With Global Entry you have to stop at the Global Entry kiosk. Since you still have to show your passport to somebody I don't see the advantage of Global Entry over Mobile Passport. The one time I used it, several years ago, we bypassed all kiosks - walked right up to the border agent and he scanned my phone without even looking at us.

Our recent trip with Global Entry entailed a stop for, I believe, a retinal scan and no passport check, and then to the screening agent, where declaration are made verbally. GE is a breeze--getting to it, just like it is for the rest of US entrants--cam take a while.
10 341 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 03:49 PM

10 341 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by lcote
Global Entry?

Google says these are the differences:

Global Entry - Pre-screened, costs $100/5yr and involves in person interview and background check.

Mobile Passport - Not pre-screened, FREE, allows you to bi-pass the declarations kiosks and go directly to border agent screening.

With Global Entry you have to stop at the Global Entry kiosk. Since you still have to show your passport to somebody I don't see the advantage of Global Entry over Mobile Passport. The one time I used it, several years ago, we bypassed all kiosks - walked right up to the border agent and he scanned my phone without even looking at us.
10 341 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 03:33 PM
10 341 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 03:24 PM
Global Entry?
10 341 Read More
SXM People Talk
Yesterday at 03:10 PM
Key messages
21 394 Read More
Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 44 45