Member Spotlight
candj
candj
Southport, North Carolina, US
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
islandgem, JasonHelmbrecht, ktrayray, Sedona
Who's Online Now
51 registered members (Fred, tradewinds, JasonHelmbrecht, SeeDiver, Sunnykm, Fran, magpie, DanS, TomB, Orange_Burst, Buddyhog, MamaB, IWIWSE, Kennys, louismcc, o2bnsxm, Biturbo, jenniboston, GW248, NoelHall, NumberCruncher, jrw, Husker, MamaJ, Maria_and_Steve, phillygirl7, Bamaboy, JerseyPal, SurfandSail, MrEZgoin, Cathyg, lovemysxm, SXMNAN, GeorgeC1, wildbill069, SXMbeacher, bluejacket, bagsarepacked, SXMScubaman, xrayman67, 11 invisible), 237 guests, and 409 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 minutes ago
Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Why would it be better with Bruno gone?

She's saying the exact opposite, that La Playa isn't the same without Bruno there.
15 657 Read More
World Wide Travel
11 minutes ago
Thanks for the info Mike. It's been quite a while since I was in Greenwich so I wasn't sure but figured I'd give it a go.
184 2,956 Read More
SXM People Talk
41 minutes ago
OK, since a discussion of that topic will take us nowhere good, will end this one here.
27 1,565 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
43 minutes ago
A light at the end of the tunnel... It would be great to see Club Orient rebuilt. Hopefully Captain Oliver’s resort and the marina will be next.
29 1,360 Read More
SXM People Talk
47 minutes ago
27 1,565 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
58 minutes ago
Here Is a link to that article.
29 1,360 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Why would it be better with Bruno gone?
15 657 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
lovemysxm...it makes sense that they will have to bring in better lines since club o will be hooking onto them!! I am so excited!!
29 1,360 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
The Daily Herald article that you posted didn't mention Club O but I find it interesting that the new/expanded water and waste-water lines are shown along the road to the old Pedros site, immediately north of Club O property and the newly launched Club O website mentions that the water desalination and waste-water treatment operations would not be rebuilt.
29 1,360 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
1 hour ago
Wow, sounds like the USVI is very far along in the vaccination progress. Good for them!
2 52 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
WOW. SXM is very lucky that they did not take out the bridge. What a disaster that would have been for the island. Sounds like hopefully insurance will take care of the yacht club.
46 2,926 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
We are so excited! I just read all the information and it sounds like a concerted and organized effort, so thank you to all the owners that are making it happen. I have already sent a note to all our friends from the island letting them know to check the website for all the good news.

We are planning to come in May and then have a place rented for two months next february, so hopefully there may be some action by then! thanks for sharing the update.
29 1,360 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
If it’s on one ticket book it and go. If you miss the connection they will rebook you and you might be due compensation. Even if your not due compensation a polite email to their complaint department might get them to throw 10,000 miles at you. Don’t be afraid if they are rebooking you to request the next flight regardless of operating airline. They will auto rebook on their partners but you might get them to move you to a earlier flight on another carrier.
11 281 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
barry--we very much enjoyed our meal at Al Dente. They have good pizza and a bunch of other entres. It is indoor and air conditioned, which is kind of good and bad, these days.
15 657 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
RonDon--that has nothing to do with Club O. It is some work they are doing to the water pipes in the area. I posted a link to the Daily Herald story regarding that here, a week or so ago.
29 1,360 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
Thanks everyone ~ and sorry but 5/12 was my old travel date. I am now Friday 5/14 which I hope doesn't complicate things as it is a busier travel day. (Jason...any comments ??)
My intention is to book on the same ticket.

Ratman's Wife ~ I completely agree. While the agent was helpful she had no comment about the close connection. I trust you all much more for this info! Thankful for you all and this forum
thanks

Going to check United again. I miss traveling when you did not need a spreadsheet to keep track of all this!
11 281 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
2 hours ago
My second vaccine is tomorrow.
2 52 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
Great pictures! Thank you. The new structures resemble more of the older version of OB. (Yes or No)
73 days and counting.
carib cheers,
doctorj
15 657 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
This truly gives me hope that maybe we can return in 2023. I agree with you o2bnsxm...we always said if club o closed we would not go back. For 15 years...staying in Fort Apache...sitting on the patio for lunch....walking back to the beach and watching all of the iguanas sleeping in the trees...feeding the dogs and cats and sugar birds....those are the memories that mean the most to us and you cannot duplicate that anywhere else. It spoke to our hearts like no place else.
29 1,360 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
2 hours ago
The USVI entered phase 3 of COVID vaccinations and everyone 16 and older can schedule a vaccination by calling VITEMA vaccination hotline at 340-777-VACS (8227). I got my first Pfizer vaccine yesterday and the process was efficient and well run. The Pfizer vaccine has a booster at three weeks and the Moderna vaccine has a booster at four weeks. Schools in St. Croix began reopening March 2.

https://www.vi.gov/governor-bryan-e...ns-for-restaurants-taxicabs-and-beaches/

Cheers, RickG
2 52 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
2 hours ago
Coming soon / stealth opening - David Baysden of Driftwood Dave's and Shambles restaurants has opened a new business in Coral Bay. Pending final inspection and permits (any day) he is opening "Meals to Go" in the Isola building next to Dolphin Market that contains Jolly Dog, Zemi jewlery, and Salty Mongoose pizza. He has fresh local fish, shrimp/prawns, steaks, pulled pork, prepared meals, and specials including buttermilk brined fried chicken. All of his raw food is vacuum bagged and frozen as is the pulled pork.

I'll post more when he is officially open. He is a long time successful restaurateur and a solid guy. This will be a great addition for cruisers and those of us living here.

Cheers, RickG
17 1,008 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
Thank you for the report and pics. We have only been to Orange Fever once and that was a long time ago. We had preferred the larger beach bar restaurants on Orient as we had made friends over the years with several or we would stay with Andy & Cheryl at Baywatch. With Bruno gone from LaPlaya this may be a good option for us.

Are there bathroom facilities?
15 657 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
We had heard that Carole was managing La Playa beach bar and restaurant when my husband last reached out to her. I'll have to ask him how long ago that was but definitely after Bruno had left.
3 395 Read More
British Virgin Islands
3 hours ago
I tend to take the advice of the airline reps with a grain of salt. If they're even in North America and speak English, they've likely never set foot in Puerto Rico. Just sayin'.
11 281 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
Was it Salmon or Tuna? LOL
3 395 Read More
Page 1 of 108 1 2 3 107 108