Member Spotlight
NickR
NickR
Leverick Bay
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
Bobcat, eatinallufood, javert, Marisleonardo1, ousooners
Who's Online Now
34 registered members (IWIWSE, SXMbeacher, Christo, arink, BombaCharger, louismcc, maytrix, NCSailor, Limin76, RonDon, deliveryskipper, PnPinNC, bbeach, sail445, Bill_S, jazzgal, EllenS, Uksimonusa, NumberCruncher, Kennys, RatmansWife, Fletch, George1234, AmyWitmer, Guineaman, BeachKitten, road3682, 7 invisible), 132 guests, and 282 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Yeah, not fun. We would have gotten home last night if we had departed SXM on time, but with the weather today's flights are cancelled and tomorrow's are booked. Thinking of heading to South Beach tomorrow, as we've never been there. Making lemonade....
28 2,111 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Snow in NC is not going to help the situation.
28 2,111 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Are you sure of that Elaine? I was told the parking for the residences will be where the signs are now and the actual building will be next to El Zafiro on the beach.
30 1,805 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Wow ok that sucks..
28 2,111 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
When I used the Roam when going to St John last month it asked the sticker number and than all the boat info appeared. My understanding is you have to have the sticker.
25 2,567 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
I often wonder if the extra you pay for liability even gets applied to any insurance contract.
33 1,586 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
2 hours ago
No.
1 31 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
I will try to be fair with my input. I know that many people are very loyal to their SXM car rental company, as am I. More than 20 years ago I did have a problem with Hertz that the local management chose to ignore. It was at this time that I learned that SXM local franchisee did not have support of parent company as you have already stated. I eventually received reimbursement from Hertz, USA only as an accommodation and concern for their brand name reputation.
That was a long time ago and I am sure lots of changes have been made, but it does pay to do appropriate research prior to making any decision.
33 1,586 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Wow, sounds like a very sour end to what was hopefully a nice trip!! I assume almost everyone missed their connections home from there, including you?. How was the trip otherwise?

Carol,

Georgia is stuck in Miami! frown

After their 6 hour delay they got into Miami at 3 am and were sent to a hotel in Homestead. She is changing hotels today to something much nicer, but is trapped until Tuesday.

What a way to end her trip.
28 2,111 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
3 hours ago
Is there direct ferry service from STJ to Tortola? It seems from their website that Interisland is only operating to RH.
1 31 Read More
Afloat
3 hours ago
We both would use the beverage package, so that's OK. I was seeing that NCL really does offer a lot of booking perks.
5 73 Read More
Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises
3 hours ago
Thanks for the post but the places listed are mainly outdoor/beach venues not resorts, would love to see a rating of US nudist resorts if one does exist.
3 181 Read More
British Virgin Islands
3 hours ago
Hi Connie - the BVI charges are getting quite expensive - first there is the environmental fee to come in then when you leave there are airport improvement fees plus the exit fee - all in you are probably looking at 15 to come in and about 45 to leave. cheers Brian
1 192 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by dolfer
A 750ml bottle of Veuve Brut in Michigan is, I believe, currently $54.

WOW! Here you could buy 4 get fifth free at your prices.

If you ever come to RI I'll tell you where to buy it. LOL
19 807 Read More
British Virgin Islands
4 hours ago
4 hours is more time then I'd typically want to hang around in SJU, but given those options, that's what I'd go with. 1:10 is probably enough time, if everything goes well. If you are late at all, then it can become a problem. With the 4 hours, you have plenty of time, even if there is a delay. And since your 5:30 flight is Cape Air, it is possible you might be able to get on an earlier flight if there's room. So doing that, I'd go check in with Cape Air first thing and then see about food after depending on what they say about flights.
7 544 Read More
British Virgin Islands
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by SunsetDude
Thanks for all the responses... this is what I was looking for. The prices vary quite a bit - we are flying from West Cost (SEA) and I've seen prices where they are the same sometimes, or a $400 difference. It sounds like the Ferry can be an ordeal but can be a way to save money.

Don't forget to factor in the ferry costs as well. $400 a person difference round trip, I'd go through STT. $400 total difference round trip and I'd go through EIS. It is worth paying more, but within reason of course.
10 407 Read More
Afloat
4 hours ago
The beverage package is a great deal if you get it as a booking perk. It is about $100 a day for two passengers, if you have to purchase it, and all adults in the cabin have to purchase it. That doesn't work well with us, as I don't drink. My wife does wine at meals, and Margaritas and L I Ice Teas during the day so she gets her money's worth. A soda card works good enough for me, but then again NCL does Pepsi instead of Coke, and I don't care for Diet Pepsi. Carnival and RCCL has Coke products- I prefer them a lot more. NCL does have a lot of booking perks and the longer in advance you book, the more they offer.
5 73 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
5 hours ago
A 750ml bottle of Veuve Brut in Michigan is, I believe, currently $54.
19 807 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
6 hours ago
ON the subject of "real" champagne---- unless it's grown, bottled in France it's only sparkling wine.

That said, we go to Pleasant Valley Winery in the Finger Lakes of NY and buy their wines. They received vines from France over 100 years ago and they cannot say it's true champagne only that it's in the "method of" on the label. So I guess just having grapes from France isn't enough. It must also have been grown, bottle there.
19 807 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
6 hours ago
You've been waiting for the pool to be finished since 1998?? Sounds like construction on island time!!! grin toast
19 807 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
6 hours ago
Meant to add that a 750 ml Veuve is $40 at our local liquor store.
19 807 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
6 hours ago
Originally Posted by dolfer
In September I bought a bottle of Veuve at Super U for approximately $42. That's way cheaper than in Michigan.

How large?
19 807 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
6 hours ago
OK, thanks. I was asking if she USED to own the land where this condo is supposed to be built, as I had thought she owned all that little corner before?
30 1,805 Read More
SXM People Talk
6 hours ago
No, in the gallery they are upside down or sideways, although you can click on them and rotate them in the gallery. Not sure what happened there, as to why they would be upside down. Not sure that has ever happened to anyone before. Often pictures taken with a phone get posted sideways, but upside down is a first! grin
43 1,273 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
6 hours ago
Hi Carol, Jessica only owns El Zafiro and not that land.
30 1,805 Read More
Page 1 of 113 1 2 3 112 113