Member Spotlight
BobD
BobD
Riverhead, NY
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online Now
34 registered members (soualigacapt, dayhiker, IWIWSE, SXMbeacher, ScurvyD, greg1, Larkin, SeeDiver, libra1946, pbd007, bigkahona, Bill_S, lbksxm, sail445, John, RobR, BeachKitten, Fletch, JasonHelmbrecht, Tonythepilot, mikeandsandy, 13 invisible), 129 guests, and 376 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
US VI and Puerto Rico
25 minutes ago
is Emerald worth the extra money for just a 1 night stay?
4 167 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
41 minutes ago
Does Wyndham own any properties on either side of SXM? A friend is trying to find an exchange.
0 38 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
Crowds weren't very big. Walked right in most restaurants, walked right on the dingy to get to PDP for the activities. Course I called it a night around 10:30 and the party doesn't get started till later.

Wendell
7 356 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
Yes, I'm sure you're right there. A lot of people who own timeshares there probably are happy to not have the noise.
7 356 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
2 hours ago
A year ago a hurricane named Irma levelled it. We were at Emerald Beach this last May and walked over and checked Island Beachcomber out. It is gone, the outdoor bar/restaurant is gone. So, we booked Emerald Beach again for our last night next May. Lot of damage in the Virgin Islands. Sigh!
1 59 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by ruralcarrier
I do not at all see that being a positive for anyone other than PDP.

Well, count me as one who sees it as a positive. We own at SBR for eight weeks, including Regatta week. I love the Regatta and patronize AquaMania's watchboats every year. But the noise on Saturday and Sunday nights from the giant speakers coming across Simpson Bay is not tolerable. On Sunday the party doesn't end until at least 3 am. I have a neighbor who has tried sleepiing in her bathtub to muffle the noise. So I say if PDP wants the parties for two straight nights, they can have it.
7 356 Read More
British Virgin Islands
3 hours ago
You and your friends will not be disappointed in the least - major recovery has been and is ongoing and most places are open - cheers
8 697 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
5 hours ago
I received an email saying that they were not going to re-open. Has the property been sold? Torn down? Anyone know anything? The place was worn out and pretty run down but so convenient and the owners were so helpful. It was a great place to stay on the 1st night coming in to rest up after a day of travel and on the last night before heading home. Great little bar and decent restaurant. I'll miss my stopovers there.
1 59 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
5 hours ago
clapping Terrific! Something else to look forward to!
25 1,707 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
5 hours ago
I do not remember when we last went to Dawn - it has been at least a few years - but we have gone almost every year to Oyster Pond to take a snorkel trip with Capt Alan. When last at Oyster Pond to snorkel with Capt Alan in February (off ship - have not done land vacation there this year for first time in a long time), I think that we could have walked through ruins of Mr. Busby's to beach - but we did not do that and I am not sure what was there at the time. I am wondering if there now (or maybe in February too) is fencing up that pretty much blocks off beach access across both beach halves of Dawn.
11 1,032 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
6 hours ago
Yes, YEARS ago, way before Irma, you could park without too much problem and go to Ms. B's for ribs, but that was a long time ago. Personally, we haven't been to Dawn Beach in probably 10 years.
11 1,032 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
6 hours ago
Dawn beach has always been like that. And if you do find a parking spot, some nasty person comes and chases you off. We avoid it.
11 1,032 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
6 hours ago
To me, it really is funny.
8 1,039 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
6 hours ago
There have been a couple reports on Cruise Critic that Dawn Beach is so closed off that there is no easy public access from the land side. One cruiser said that they took a taxi there but could not figure out how to get to beach. I do not know about the accuracy of these reports.
11 1,032 Read More
World Wide Travel
6 hours ago
Thanks Maranjo! If you decide to go don't hesitate to message me if you have any questions. I see you're in MD, flights out of all the DC area airports including Bmore can be had for $300 or so depending on dates. Cheers!
13 416 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
6 hours ago
Although I recognize that it is not really funny, it made me laugh to see that the Parliamentary meeting to rant against Dutch interference and the need for independence was cut short by GEBE.
8 1,039 Read More
British Virgin Islands
7 hours ago
No way will you be disappointed. Was there in June on our 5th trip and will be going back next month. Recovery is unbelievable and without a doubt still our favorite vacation spot.
8 697 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
7 hours ago
What were the crowds like last year?
7 356 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
7 hours ago
what they didn't mention is if they are going to charge for admittance again. Last year there was 2 prices depending how close to the stage you wanted to be and "what is included"

I didn't enter for this

Wendell
7 356 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
7 hours ago
I would say it's EASIER for the Regatta organizers, but otherwise, I totally agree.
7 356 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
7 hours ago
Yes, I think so. And they apparently have no idea why it happened.
Link
8 1,039 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
8 hours ago
The report said total country blackout so that must mean the Dutch side. That's probably what sxmsammy meant.
8 1,039 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
8 hours ago
I do not at all see that being a positive for anyone other than PDP.
7 356 Read More
British Virgin Islands
8 hours ago
Thank you so much for everyone's feedback. Feel much better now! As we have not been there since 2009, any recommendations on where to go and what to see that may be new or different since then would be appreciated. Thank you all!
8 697 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
8 hours ago
We stayed at Lindbergh Bay in May this year. They were still in the process of many repairs. We knew that when booking, so it was what it was. At least the bar was open.
4 167 Read More
Page 1 of 74 1 2 3 73 74