Member Spotlight
Carol_Hill
Carol_Hill
Central Florida!
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
Bonheur
Who's Online Now
31 registered members (VGerfo, TomGarvey, steve74, gracie105, Matt W, SXMBND, NumberCruncher, flyinfloats, Kennys, JeanneJOE, TRIM, Lionsail, YachtReprise, tradewinds, Speebs, Deepcut, SXMNAN, CarolinaSailor, Nate C, BruceU, dlparch, Alec Atteberry, GeorgeC1, ARC, dfmsml, 6 invisible), 99 guests, and 78 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
British Virgin Islands
36 minutes ago
We actually caught that Mahi twice. After they got it on the boat, they threw it in an empty cooler and set it up on the hard fiberglass. As soon as we got moving the cooler slid off the back of the boat. Great opportunity to practice a man overboard drill. They all got excited as expected, and then everyone calmed down. We got back to the cooler, backed up to it and brought it back onboard. Made for a great story. I just wish someone would have taken a picture of the cooler floating on the waves. The highs and lows of fishing. They thought we lost our dinner.
4 112 Read More
British Virgin Islands
42 minutes ago
Boom! Love to hear it.
4 112 Read More
British Virgin Islands
45 minutes ago
Last November we paid the $50. The Moorings said we were good. We ordered our fishing license and rented poles and equipment through the place the Moorings promotes. I think it was Sail Caribbean Divers, but I would have to go back and look that up. They are located at the Moorings base. When we got there they did not deliver the poles or license to us. They said that the boat was not registered. They told us they would bring the equipment to us or we could pick it up at Cooper Island when they got it straightened out. The next day they called me and told me to call the Moorings about registration. Sorry, I paid you to work out the details. We never got the poles or license, nor did we get charged for them. I was not happy with either of them. We tried to do everything right and had the paperwork to back it up. Still caught a few fish on the limited small equipment we brought with us. You can ask the question multiple times prior to getting there, but they will tell you everything is fine……until you get there and they did to follow up. Huge premium for the Moorings. Our same boat for this year for the same week was up 40% over last year. Pretty easy choice to give the other charter companies a chance to earn my business.
20 964 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
We did the detour to Kingfish banks on the way back from Anegada in December. We trolled to the north over all of the banks and didn’t get any hits. We turned around and headed south. We hooked a nice mahi. Got it on the boat and headed for Jost. Mahi on the grill that night.
We caught a few mackerel in the open water between Anegada and the banks while we were sailing. Dropped the sails and motored across the banks.
It was definitely worth the detour and is on the schedule for November.
4 112 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Food and drinks have always been decent but service (including this March) can be suspect, especially if you are not a "regular".
4 194 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
dolfer--never drink beer, so guess that is it!!
7 172 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
That's what I always say "Not enough beer!"
7 172 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:55 PM
It's been a few years since we've done the around the island sail. Had great weather and pretty calm seas. Went to BBB after the sail for the happy hour ribs and chicken special. Was just OK. All in all a good day.
0 83 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:50 PM
I corrected it. Thanks. Too much rum on the Eagle. 🤪
9 331 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:47 PM
Not drinking enough. Lol
7 172 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:29 PM
OK, I kind of understand those directions. Yes, for sure, SXM directions!!! smile
4 194 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Go over causeway, take right at roundabout, go past Carrefour in Cole Bay. Turn right at Ace Hardware. Go down lousy road until almost to the end and then turn left. Go short distance until you see Red Fox sign on the left. Turn right across from that sign. Short distance to Lagoonies (maybe that's why it is mostly locals there). Does that sound like directions in St. Maarten? Good luck.
4 194 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 11:03 PM
I posted this before but with the retirements of the 757 the only aircraft that can reliably operate non stop to the US from STT are the A319 or smaller 737 versions. That drops out about 70 seats per flight with no gate space for additional flights. As more 757’s retire the issue will get worse. Dropping ⅓ of the available seats will push prices way up!
9 603 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:59 PM
Hi. Sorry, how do you get there??
4 194 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:58 PM
No problem. Enjoy your trip!
3 166 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:57 PM
OK, thanks.
10 571 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:56 PM
Scubaman--"vooming"???????????
9 331 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:55 PM
I always get constant bites, regardless of the season and Eric never gets bit. One of the 'costs' of visiting SXM.
7 172 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:51 PM
No mosquitoes that I can report on.
7 172 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:49 PM
Flamingo is very strong. Been wifi calling and zooming all week.
9 331 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:48 PM
so much fun at the Hole in the Wall,,,,hope it's still open when we can get back to SXM......some of the musicians that "used" to be at the Red Piano play there....It was a hoot!!
18 1,020 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:48 PM
Pirate Hideout is the last building. The shack has no name on it and looks like a local hang out bar.
1 291 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:47 PM
Yes. You can choose 2 sides.
10 571 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 09:45 PM
Shortage of pilots also factors in
9 603 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:40 PM
What is has always been weird is that I can go an entire two week trip and not get one bite and my poor wife gets bit immediately. They say something to do with blood chemistry or something.
7 172 Read More
Page 1 of 82 1 2 3 81 82