Member Spotlight
crmoores
crmoores
Finger Lakes Region and Mexico
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
MassExodus, mayhem
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Zanshin, cacapasa), 143 guests, and 333 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
World Wide Travel
18 minutes ago
Bavaria in Germany (and I believe that both pictures are inverted from the slides)
85 878 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
5 hours ago
We our scheduled for our tests already, the testing day is November 6th. We are feeling good about the whole process of getting to St Maarten which is what allowed us to pull the trigger on going.
14 754 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
5 hours ago
I really hope ours goes as smoothly
14 754 Read More
World Wide Travel
6 hours ago
Austria
85 878 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
6 hours ago
Agree on Water Island.....Honeymoon Beach rocks.
7 146 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
7 hours ago
We were swabbed at 9:45 on Monday morning. Had our test results before 8 pm today (Tuesday). Filled out the form, and uploaded the results to the St Martin website. Had our "Authorization Pre-Approval" from St Martin
within an hour. Wow! No island time here!
14 754 Read More
United States & Canada
7 hours ago
Key West Bed and Breakfast @ 415 Williams Street is amazing!!!!!!! I have stayed there about 10 times over the years. The house is beautiful ~ very Caribbean décor and feel. It is in a great part of town. The people who work here at some of the nicest people I have ever met.
7 397 Read More
British Virgin Islands
7 hours ago
Was thinking of you also today! Boy, 2017 flashback. I will pray for rain!
6 366 Read More
British Virgin Islands
8 hours ago
This has NOTHING to do with the BVI.. As stated previously, this is not the place to quote all these various Covid stats. Plenty of places to do that other than here.
67 4,118 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
8 hours ago
I just cancelled 10/16-10/24. Having surgery after trip and just not worth it. I’m sure NJ and CT will join in with Cuomo as the states can’t think for themselves 😢
3 213 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
8 hours ago
Since NY and NJ are not on the same page flying out of Newark may work for some..
3 213 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
8 hours ago
Well that certainly adds a new dimension to the plans for our up-coming trip........

At one point I seem to recall reading (or hearing?) you could avoid the quarantine and still protect your friends and family by being Covid tested immediately upon return. Anyone know if this still is the case?
3 213 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
8 hours ago
Originally Posted by Todd
I found that the rental prices were less than I have had in the past, starting in November into December. As for renting a car, we are actually going to start our trip for the first 3 nights with out a car staying in Grand Case before we pick up a car for our next 3 weeks. Goal is to bring down our heart rate to "barely fog a mirror" levels to start the trip.
Cheers!

So happy to hear this; we might actually keep up with you two for the three weeks that follow.....nah.....
20 1,087 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 11:52 PM
Johns Hopkins, whose data is beyond the influence of elected officials, has the US COVID death rate at 2.9%. The flu fatality rate over many years averages 0.1%. Unless you believe in conspiracy theories, this is different than the flu.
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality
67 4,118 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by DanS
Can you please post a link to the data?

Dan cheers

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/planning-scenarios.html#table-1
67 4,118 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
Yesterday at 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by RickG
I would do it. The only risk is DPNR trying to get you to move as Lindbergh is not a designated anchorage. Plan B could be to anchor at Water Island and pick them up at Crown Bay or have them take the Water Island Ferrry. Druif Bay / Honymoon Beach is a wonderful place and right up there with St. John anchorages. Dinghy's Beach Bar has good food and drinks, better than Emerald Beach.

Cheers, RickG

What RickG said. Have them take the ferry from Crown to Water. Great way to start
7 146 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:13 PM
3 213 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 10:43 PM
I swim here in STT most days -- except for the earlier weeks when all the cruising// traveling boats inundated our local anchorages the waters are clear and corals have been very healthy and the grasses and turtles abundant.
3 201 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 10:37 PM
Can you please post a link to the data?

Dan cheers
67 4,118 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
Yesterday at 10:36 PM
The big schooners used to have crew changes and provisioning there - I am talking recent - the last few years - not 'the old days'.
Spirit of Massachusetts, Harvey Gamage, Pride of Baltimore, Roseway etc.
Use the western ebd of the beach - closer and shorter walk to airport instead of the Hotel part of the beach.
Probably load luggage and have your mate run it out to the boat, walk up to the beach bar with your guests -- if that is what makes you want to do this, then have the dinghy pick you all up down the beach again later.
Overnight can be rolly - especially for new sailors, Brewers bay or Water Island are flatter and not too far if that is the case.
There are not really any dinghy regulations to concern you -- Sundays are MUCH busier!
7 146 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:06 PM
Well, that sucks..
3 272 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 09:54 PM
There has been a notable difference in the water clarity in CGB. Particularly back in May after the beaches were closed for 45 days!
3 201 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:52 PM
Well , Carol , I just saw via it our Beacon Hill , hence has to be an appeal which they won. And the old former Ministers had approved and the fine is big per day Fls 10,000.00 per day.
3 272 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 09:51 PM
The reefs haven’t declined from tourism, over the years its basically the runoff from showers and storms which fills the bays with dirt and animal fecal matter.
The waters are still beautiful.
3 201 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 08:53 PM
Jump to new posts Re: Mal [by toast]
Glad to hear you are hanging in, was thinking about you two,
6 366 Read More
Page 1 of 94 1 2 3 93 94