Mardi_Gras said:
We have added many items aboard our boat to make her more convienent and more comfortable but the charter company is reluctant to advertise all of the items. The reasoning and I agree is you wouldn't want someone to choose your boat due to one of these items and it fail and not be repairable or replaceable. I'm not talking about the major items (Air Con, Generator, chart plotter, etc) but some of the smaller items. For example, we have a 120 liter cooler, custom made cover over the cooktop giving you more prep space, silicone hot pad/drying rack, 12" Android Tablet with Navionics Boating App, waterproof mattress covers, memory foam pillows, Rod holder (thanks Orion!), towel hooks in heads and cabins, Navionics Platinum chip in chart plotter... All of these items may set our boat apart from other 39's but potential charter clients would not know about them until they arrive.

Good luck and have fun,

Tony

Tony, I did a lot of what you mention on one of the charter boats I owned. You will find that anything not firmly bolted down will take wings and fly. Your nice stuff will migrate to other boats or just go away. Charters show up and see things they want on the boat next door and move them. Other items like chart plotter chips grow legs and leave. If your charter company does not already do it I recommend you ask them to pull your chip out after every charter and issue it to the next charter in the boat brief. Rod holders will be gone fast unless every boat in the fleet has them.
G