I have been sailing mostly older wooden boats as a professional Captain for decades so now being retired when I want to go sailing I charter.
I want a monohull, I want good newer running rigging that is well set up for reefing, lazyjacks, block positioning, well designed roller furling headsails,and enough prespliced docklines and fenders in a good locker.
I want a cockpit I can stretch out and lay down in with a dodger and bimini, enough awning available to stay dry on a rainy week.
A clean accessible engine space and more than adequate spares and tools aboard. With a clear maintenance manual and one I don't have to tear up the floorboards or beds to get to easily and perhaps quickly, with a light in there too. Good access to impellers, filters and daily engine checks, I have learned through experience that watching the engine running on the morning startup is maybe the most important 5 min. I can do to see problems. A vacuum gauge on the fuel filter is a bonus.
I want the power systems to be adequate easy to moniter and manage.
Good water pressure' adequate tankage good working heads and showers.
I need good galley equipment with all the needs for cooking and dining in comfort, a propane stove with fiddles and waist belt and a real BBQ aft.,comfortable bunks and bedding, good cockpit cushions, cold efficient top loading refrigeration, a cockpit cooler for icing down drinks, good solid handholds below and on deck, strong stanchions and lifelines, a good boarding ladder, an ondeck aft shower, a very good dry dinghy properly equipped with a spare shearpin and sparkplug and an anchor and bag for PFD's.
An anchor winch with chain rode, a salt water washdown forward is a bonus, at least one spare anchor not buried in the bilge, an auto bilge pump with an alarm, a hand operated bilge pump in the cockpit.
A cruising guide, paper charts, a depth sounder at the helm, a lead line aboard and at least a hand held GPS.
Good lighting and fans in the cabins, spreader mounted deck light and a cockpit light that allows for dining. All the Nav lights must work, a clearly marked breaker panel, a list of all through hulls with proper bungs at hand, a vhf close enough to the helmsman to be used underway.
Dry tight hatches, windsock,hammock and proper man overboard system. A sturdy bottle opener in the cockpit for my Heineken is appreciated a corkscrew is mandatory.
If I am going across the Anegada Passage there is a much more detailed list but for a week or 2 I want a clean, well found properly maintained vessel that I can enjoy sailing.
Your 'wants' may vary.