Captain Jay's answer is excellent. After decades of chartering and sailing on six continents I certainly know everything. Over the years we have learned to never rush from the dock. It defeats the purpose of most vacations. It can also be very stressful for many around you. With us the boat never moves until everyone is ready. That starts the first day and continues until the boat must move to return it. I will confess I do not always sit through the chart briefing myself. Someone, usually two, on the crew always does. Things do change in the BVI and it is impossible to recall and know everything. I highly doubt your have taken the time to acquire, read, and update all the charts using the Admiralty Notice to Mariners and the USCG equivalent for the USVI. The list of possibilities are endless. Including weather and storm procedures this time of year. In my opinion the crew should be represented by a good student and note taker in that room. With the Moorings I expect that is where you will be able to get the releases signed go to Anegada.

Stuff to do in a relaxed manner while others enjoy the knowledge transfer of the briefing. Truly make sure you know where everything is on the boat, truly make sure there are no airlocks and the water tanks are completely filled, make sure the the dinghy is easy to start for the least physical member of the crew. Check-Out is really for us the charter to inspect the boat. Make sure that is completed and everything stored before you consider leaving the dock. All stuff we learned along the way and stuff we skipped when I was 20ish leading my third charter.

There is another long thread here on someone who was unhappy with her entire charter experience. I do not know her and I was not there. But, I highly suspect demonstrating attitudes like this on the dock led to her teams demise.

I told the girl when she Said I should attend the briefing. Did the islands move ?

I know I was a smart [censored] but I always stay the night before , do the boat brief and head out , I don't want unnecessary nonsense jolding us up .

That is just +/- 25 words and I do not know you. But the tone and word selection screams that you do not know how to succeed on Tortola or anywhere across the Carribean. Maybe someone else can help us here with the best practices to gain favor and cooperation with any unique needs on the charter boat docks. Note: I consider the publicly declared position that I am too good for a chart briefing a unique need.

Before you flame me in rage. Consider whatever you do for a profession. How good where you at it the third time? What have you learned since then.

I suggest you change your first day focus to not leaving the dock until everyone in the crew, the boat, and the staff there to support you in the sun is ready. Take a few minutes in the shade of the bimini to chuckle at the circus clowns trying to rush themselves and crew away from the dock. Don't be that clown this time.