I'm sure my decisions and recent experience will be judged in many different ways but I did the best I could. I was aware of the area being risky. I only chose that route because of weather and the fact that two locals, well known on this board, with vast experience told me to go that way and just take it slow. It really isn't a big deal there with the exception of the cardinal marker and the reef which is clearly visible. Funny thing, there was a Mooring's sailing school mono in that cut with me! I was literally sick with stress/nerves before this trip. I studied my [email]A@#[/email] off for months. I brought with me, a new paper chart, Navionics on my iPad, anchor alarm on my phone, a handheld radio, the Cruising Guide, the Virgin Anchorages photo book and my own notes/diagrams. I knew how to read the cardinal marker but being able to verify it with my own printed diagram was everything! I'm almost 50 yrs. old. This trip had been a dream for a long time. Everyone had their first time at some point and probably made at least one questionable decision. I soak up advice and constructive criticism. I'm here to learn and improve. Bashing, attitudes or elitism don't even penetrate my thick skull. I learned quickly in the military to brush that stuff off.

[Linked Image]