Originally Posted by sasasal
Not sure this is the time to try and sell anything Hurricae destruction. Who is going to buy??? we too wanted to try and sell a home, and our agent laughted. Now she said??? I agree giving back is worst thing, but its been done by very smart people. this is not a place to buy timeshare for all of the obove... this is the results of what happens when there is a hurricane or any other issue a timeshare has. this is international and you have no leg to stand on. I have many friends that gave back because there money was still to timeshare, even it it was not used. You advise it sno good. You need to learn about timeshare on this island and how it works and what you can do as an american. Be surprised very little.

i respectfully wholeheartedly disagree with you. who is going to buy? PLENTY of people...especially people that own at Royal Islander the week before or the week after. People at RI look at the place as their ''home away from home''. La Plage is NOT some of the other properties on the island. There rarely is any complaint about the place. Over the years...the Spadarros (the owners) have been more than fair to the owners. NEVER ONCE have they charged an additional assessment after a storm. Not saying it won't happen this time around...but so far we owners have not even been asked to pay the 2018 maintenance fees!!! In other storms...those fees have also been waived by them when the resort has been closed in the past. You say that you know smart people that have given back their timeshares??? OK....but if one can make a few bucks by selling it versus ''giving it back...does not equate to smart people. If your reasoning stands about selling a property after hurricane destruction is true...then i guess the state of Florida, Lousiana, or any other state must be out of business after a national disaster??? i don't think so. If a real estate laughed at you for wanting to sell your own home, my advice would be to you to FIND ANOTHER AGENT!!!!! Giving back a unit should only be a last resort. As of right now, it is costing ZERO to hold onto it.....First wait and see what comes up from the resort before any decision is made. None of us have been informed what all the changes will be....chances are that EVERY unit will be totally rehabbed with all new furniture, fixings, and air conditioning units. I bet that the place will be in BRAND NEW condition by the time the resort is back open. I personally cannot wait for March....and I know all my friends that we meet there year after year have the same feelings that I have. Sasal, just curious....and you don't have to answer me, but do you peronally own at Royal Islander LaPlage, or are you just putting in your two cents.