Originally Posted by mirrodie
Thanks TomR. I’m feeling confident that RI timeshares did better than the Sonesta. I recall seeing Dutch Air Force footage from the air and seeing some palm trees in the pool of Terasse.

I dont tend to see a lot of posts about Terasse vs Plage. What are the major differences between both? Which is older? Although its the same management, they seem to run separately.

Hoping for the best and to see St Maarten again

To answer your questions.... La Plage is probably about 15 to 20 years older than La Terrace. They both are run by the same management and both owned by the Spaddarros....in fact many of the front desk staff work both resorts. Also, same maintainence staff and management. Both units are very similar in design and furniture...LaTerrace being a bit newer. La Terrace has the parking underneath for both properties. La Plage is on the beach.....La Terrace is across the street. When it comes to the amenities...ie pool....they are seperate. One cannot use each others....although supposedly from the old days, the owners of LaPlage would be able to use LaTerrace....but since it is NOT on the beach, i doubt that anyone would want to. Supposedly heard from the grapevine that LaPlage was home to the dutch military following the hurricane. Not sure if LaTerrace also housed any of the soldiers or staff.