Originally Posted by spiker
I'm sort of disappointed with RI and I don't know what to do. I like SXM but I'm not too crazy of La Plage. I am leaning towards letting it go.
We have a week 16 and my flights prices are ridiculous from Chicago. Not knowing whether the place will be open and if the room we have will be better than it was - it always had a humidity problem and during the last few years we always got sick after a week. I would like to know what you think? Would RI take it back? Or should I just keep it and try to rent it out in order to pay the fees?

Personally speaking, I can't see keeping something you're not happy with, and therein lies my surprise at your post. I have always considered RILP to be one of the nicest timeshares on the island, and had it been available when we purchased I would have bought there for sure. And week 16 is a prime week, particularly for those with kids since it so often falls around Easter and leads into Carnival on the island.

It goes without saying that almost any place as close to the water might be subject to humidity issues but a good dehumidifier should resolve that. Are you sure you didn't get sick because of your airline flights, and no, not the pricing but the closed up cabin air which sometimes raises havoc with me in both directions.

As far as airfare prices - I wouldn't let that force me into getting rid of something if I really loved it. Sounds like that's the big question here and if you don't - then it's time to let it go and find something more to your liking. Time moves on and our likes and dislikes change.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."