Originally Posted by AUCspouse
Ed wrote, "If it is left in the car, or trunk, it probably won't be there when you return!"

I disagree. Circumstances sometimes require us to leave a few possessions in the trunk of our rental car when we park. In eight visits to St. Maarten, we've never had a car break-in or any kind of incident. Of course one could happen tomorrow -- in Boston or St. Maarten. Driving at night on either side of the island has never worried me.

AUCspouse.....you can disagree with me if you want. BUT.....so far you have been very lucky if you haven't been broken into. if you leave stuff in your car, and haven't been broken into you are one of the very few on the island. Just don't complain, the next time you do, and all of a sudden your possesions are gone. Same with the post about leaving luggage in the car during lunch. If one wants to disagree with the majority of us that have gone to sxm for well over twenty years....so be it. Friends of ours that have been ''regulars'' for over twenty years ..., two years ago, they had their entire front end removed from their rental vehicle...while being parked during the day at Mullett Beach!!!! If one wants to play the odds about leaving stuff in the car, either in Boston or in St. Maarten, the odds are AGAINST you. Even people that have played ''Russian Roulette" sometimes win......mostly lose. I dare anyone to keep luggage in your car, and go eat lunch ANYWHERE on island, and go to a place that you can't see the car, and i bet within 3 or 4 times, you won't do it again.