Not smart at all. Wondering if its only folks that have been going for years, and know the changes. Of course theres theft... and being aware of that fact, will keep you safe. common sense does not need a college degree. But boy lots have none. When we started going to sxm years ago!!!! We realize the thing we did then and would not now are huge... for the most part day or night? No seclusion on beaches. leave nothing in car that you want to see again, many car thefts on Island. If you do drive at night??? Make sure your route is well lit, and I mean well lit. If you see anyone in a car trying to block you??? I would keep going, would rather trash the car then have a car behind or in front and not stand a chance... Hopefully most people stay in secure places, if not make sure they are or leave... Sure this does not mean anything will happen, but having your eyes in back of your head is much better than being in harms way... We have changed our way of spending time on Island. Are we happy about this? no, but its what it is..;. and again. for those that compare u.s destinations and crime??? i really do not get it? there is no comparison... this is a small Island with police that are very hard to even reach let alone come and help. thats the real problem. police and getting the theives and throwing the key away. too lienent.