Carol, simply that many places on island list charges and they could be TOT, service or any other item but if there is an amount added to the bill then I consider that and think others should as well as part of the service or tip. Pretty simple way to look at it, I like things simple.

I am a fairly educated traveler, many on this forum are, and regardless of if I am on island in SXM or other places I look for the extra lines on an invoice for items like this. Sometimes they try to hide them into it and sometimes they don't and when they try to hide them that does bother me. I know it was not an issue to us at Roxxy, six seasoned travelers. Nice that it is reported and others are aware going in but in my opinion way too much is being made about this amount when at so many places they hide the extra charges. Just like tipping on the French side, it is how you personally handle it.

For all you that are not going to go there because of this 5% or are throwing them under the bus with out having gone and having first hand knowledge, sad to hear. We almost did not go because of the banter, glad we went because we had a great time and we will be back.

I also just wanted to point out that Lola had yellow feathers in her hair and a dress cut down to there! Now try to get that tune out of your head! LOL

Cheers,
Todd

I prefer the Isle seat